Filling AOS

OK, I am not sure why I am having so much trouble with this.......I have done it before about 6 years ago :blink: . Her is my Question.

I cost $1010.00 to file AOS for my wife. Her daughter is coning over this summer. If we wait until her daughter is here.....will that be $1010 for my wife and $1010 for her daughter???? Or will the daughter be included on the mothers AOS for free????

I tried to call USCIS but got tired of pushing buttons tring to find a Human. I did read somewhere on the USCIS website that If we file for my wife and later file for the step daughter that we should include the reciept number form my wifes NOA1 so that the daughter can be included for AOS because of mother?????? Do not really understand that...does that mean the daughter is free if the mother is filing???? Just for information the daughter is 9 years old.

:ph34r: :lol: :huh: :o :(

Need help with this one :P

Note on fees: There is no fee for applicants who are filing Form I-485 based on having been admitted to the United States as a refugee. Applicants 80 years of age or older are not charged a biometric fee; the fee total is $930. Applicants under 14 years of age:
  • Filing with the I-485 application of at least one parent have a fee total of $600

• Not filing with the I-485 application of at least one parent have a fee total of $930

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...00045f3d6a1RCRD

So if you wait and file together, the fee will be $1010 for mother and $600 for child under age 14, if filed separate the fees will be $1010 for mother and $930 for child under age 14

AOS for Child is NOT FREE.

However later when removing conditions, the child will only cost $80 extra for biometrics, if removing conditions at same time, (Requires child to have acquired residency status concurrent with mother and entered the USA within 90 days of parent, if not then child removes conditions separately from parent and pays $545)

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)
Note on fees: There is no fee for applicants who are filing Form I-485 based on having been admitted to the United States as a refugee. Applicants 80 years of age or older are not charged a biometric fee; the fee total is $930. Applicants under 14 years of age:
  • Filing with the I-485 application of at least one parent have a fee total of $600

• Not filing with the I-485 application of at least one parent have a fee total of $930

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...00045f3d6a1RCRD

So if you wait and file together, the fee will be $1010 for mother and $600 for child under age 14, if filed separate the fees will be $1010 for mother and $930 for child under age 14

AOS for Child is NOT FREE.

However later when removing conditions, the child will only cost $80 extra for biometrics, if removing conditions at same time, (Requires child to have acquired residency status concurrent with mother and entered the USA within 90 days of parent, if not then child removes conditions separately from parent and pays $545)

wow....what a scam.....I wonder if it might be better to let the K2 expire and just file CR-2???

wow....what a scam.....I wonder if it might be better to let the K2 expire and just file CR-2???

Funny you say this, but yes would save you some $$.

Wife marries you and adjusts stats, you can file an I-130 for child's visa soon after marriage, fee $355, then $70+$400 to NVC for visa.

The moment child arrives in USA they get green-card, and shortly after that you can adopt the child and get her US citizenship, bypassing the removal of conditions for child. (Lee Fisher did this)

Funny you say this, but yes would save you some $$.

Wife marries you and adjusts stats, you can file an I-130 for child's visa soon after marriage, fee $355, then $70+$400 to NVC for visa.

The moment child arrives in USA they get green-card, and shortly after that you can adopt the child and get her US citizenship, bypassing the removal of conditions for child. (Lee Fisher did this)

Dan, If we choose to do it this way, would we need to wait until the K2 expires? Would that cause any problems with GUZ because we filed with a K2 already approved ( at interview for CR-2). I wonder if they would make her and my wife (very soon to be wife) take a DNA test? Things to think about but sounds like a good idea. It is cheaper provided no DNA test is involved.

Dan, If we choose to do it this way, would we need to wait until the K2 expires? Would that cause any problems with GUZ because we filed with a K2 already approved ( at interview for CR-2). I wonder if they would make her and my wife (very soon to be wife) take a DNA test? Things to think about but sounds like a good idea. It is cheaper provided no DNA test is involved.

Not a problem an approved K-2 wlll have no effect on a future petition. And I doubt they would require a DNA test either because they approved a K-2 without.

A child interview for CR-2 is a formality.

Lostinblue just went through this Wife was K-1 and son followed later on IR-2

Not a problem an approved K-2 wlll have no effect on a future petition. And I doubt they would require a DNA test either because they approved a K-2 without.

A child interview for CR-2 is a formality.

Lostinblue just went through this Wife was K-1 and son followed later on IR-2

Dan I can not thank you enough! This board is very lucky to have someone with your knowledge on it. Thanks again.

Robert