Other Countries Treatment, Spouses of US Citizens

I am just curious how the spouses of K3 Visa Applicants are treated by other countries. Does it make any difference what stage the K3 visa is in (approved, or pending)?

In particular, would it be possible for a K3 visa applicant to get a visa to enter Europe, or Canada while the K3 application is still pending because of her status of being the spouse of a US Citizen?

-----

I think a bit about my trip to Egypt with Irina (our first date). We were told that since she was Russian, we either needed to schedule a tour group, or be able to show prepaid hotel reservations for the entire trip as well as several hundred dollars cash for expenses.

When we arrived (together) at customs, the only concern that they had was that we purchase the proper fee stamp prior to going through customs. Otherwise they just stamped our passports and let us through without asking any questions.

----- Clifford -----

I am just curious how the spouses of K3 Visa Applicants are treated by other countries.  Does it make any difference what stage the K3 visa is in (approved, or pending)?

In particular, would it be possible for a K3 visa applicant to get a visa to enter Europe, or Canada while the K3 application is still pending because of her status of being the spouse of a US Citizen?

-----

I think a bit about my trip to Egypt with Irina (our first date).  We were told that since she was Russian, we either needed to schedule a tour group, or be able to show prepaid hotel reservations for the entire trip as well as several hundred dollars cash for expenses. 

When we arrived (together) at customs, the only concern that they had was that we purchase the proper fee stamp prior to going through customs.  Otherwise they just stamped our passports and let us through without asking any questions.

----- Clifford -----

Cliff

Yuhui got a 3 year multiple entry visa to Europe. No problem.

Then again, the fact that I am ALSO a E.U national probably helped :-)

I don't think you should have a problem

She applied last week for a visa to Australia, where we go in January. I think we should be OK

A year ago, I decided to go "by the book", apply for a K1 Fiancee visa, and wait the "70 - 100 days" for the visa approval........

Yet, I find myself still waiting, just thinking I have to be somewhere near the end of this %HIX%#@!!!!! Process.......

If I had known how long and arduous this wait would be, I would have considered trying to get my fiancee here via "alternative" routes then applying for amnesty, or possibly even moving to Canada for a few years.

But, I was also curious whether Canada would recognize a husband and wive's relationship when our own government fails to do so. I am so used to the freedom to travel to essentially any country in the world. I was wondering whether this would extend to a spouse traveling with a US Citizen, even before the US recognises the relationship.

Too bad I don't have "free summers". It would have been fun to fly Irina to Canada for a summer camping & fishing trip, and I am sure that my parents would have made the drive up to Vancouver to meet her.

----- Clifford -----

Spouses of K3 visa applicants are not US citizens. Your wife will most likely have to apply for a visa for herself since she will be using her Chinese passport to travel. One thing that I would suggest is that you both apply for your visas at the same time and that you reference each other's applications. You may want to show proof of your marriage at the time of the application just to minimize your chances of denial. Like a fellow member said, 'it may not be a problem'.

There are very few countries which will give a visa to a Chinese citizen without going through a lengthy process. One is Cuba. Another is, oddly enough, Jamaica. It is not easy for them to get a Canadian visa. Mexico would not give me an answer as to how difficult it is but they told me the first step would involve personally going to the Mexican Embassy and filling out the visa application on the spot, they would not mail one.

A year ago, I decided to go "by the book", apply for a K1 Fiancee visa, and wait the "70 - 100 days" for the visa approval........  

Yet, I find myself still waiting, just thinking I have to be somewhere near the end of this %HIX%#@!!!!! Process.......

If I had known how long and arduous this wait would be, I would have considered trying to get my fiancee here via "alternative" routes then applying for amnesty, or possibly even moving to Canada for a few years.

----- Clifford -----

I too wish I knew then what I know now. I would have skirted the "proper" way and got my lovely lady here first, by way of a business, student, tourist visa. Married her here and THEN fought it out with the INS afterwards, side be side, instead of a world apart.

It just so happens an aquaintence of mine in the small town I live in did just that. He brought his lady here from Tiawan 14 months ago on a tourist visa, married her, then applied for her adjustment of status, her interview for her EAD is next week.

I certainly do not endorse this, but if I had known the process screws me at every stage I would have seriously considered it.

But once I filed the I-129F, all of those options went out the window because they now had a record of her intent to stay. So now we must wait and coax them along at evey single step.

There are very few countries which will give a visa to a Chinese citizen without going through a lengthy process.  One is Cuba.  Another is, oddly enough, Jamaica.  It is not easy for them to get a Canadian visa.  Mexico would not give me an answer as to how difficult it is but they told me the first step would involve personally going to the Mexican Embassy and filling out the visa application on the spot, they would not mail one.

If you are looking for places to come that is close to the USA, perhaps Cuba or Jamaica would be a good bet.

However, for "tourism", there is probably a much larger group of countries that will allow tourism.

Popular tourist destinations for Russians include Cyprus and Egypt. I believe Ukraine is also popular for Russians who want to go to the black sea.

If you are looking for a country to tour, look at the net balance of immigration vs emmigration.

Most of the "third world" countries have minimal immigration, and thus are receptive to tourists.... ESPECIALLY IF THEY BRING LOTS OF MONEY WITH THEM. I.E. If an "American" is traveling with the Chinese or Russian person, then it should make things a lot easier.

Of course, the advantage of touring in the third world countries is that so many things are cheaper to do than it would be in the USA or Europe.

----- Clifford -----

I doubt that the visa systems are connected between other countires. Our immigration system has enough problems keeping track of the ones applied for in the US, let alone trying to keep track of who applies in Europe, Asia, or who knows where else.

Yes and No.

They are not for average Joe Blow,..

But they are if you happened to land on the wish list of INTERPOL :P

If you like inner tubes through shark infested waters, I hear Havanna to Miami is a nice cruise. Must be, plenty of people do it. :P

Did you see that one group of men took an old fram truck put a prop on the drive shaft some barrels and afloat they went but the big truck kind of stuck out like a sore thumb an they were busted.