Calling USCIS

Is USCIS open today? Are the hours 8a-8p eastern, pacific???

Here's my story. I got a text message this morning from USCIS saying the case, my wife's I-485, has been updated. I check it out online. It says something like:

On Feb 12 the Post office returned the notice we sent you as undeliverable. The I-765 also has this same message. There has been NO change to the I-131.

I already received the NOA1s for all 3. There was no change before indiciating they sent a RFE, or a change indicating biometrics had been scheduled/notice sent. So I'm not sure what they could have sent. But, it shouldn't have mattered what they sent, because the NOA1s they sent previously made to us no problem--no we haven't moved or changed anything.

I tried to call, but I cannot make it to a real live person.

Am I going to have to schedule an INFO PASS and take a day off work?

Edited by GIS (see edit history)

Here's my story. I got a text message this morning from USCIS saying the case, my wife's I-485, has been updated. I check it out online. It says something like:

On Feb 12 the Post office returned the notice we sent you as undeliverable. The I-765 also has this same message. There has been NO change to the I-131.

I already received the NOA1s for all 3. There was no change before indiciating they sent a RFE, or a change indicating biometrics had been scheduled/notice sent. So I'm not sure what they could have sent. But, it shouldn't have mattered what they sent, because the NOA1s they sent previously made to us no problem--no we haven't moved or changed anything.

Probably closed for Presidents Day.

"Presidents Day" !

Did you move after sending them the packets?

USCIS marks mail "Return Service Requested" a postal forward order will not forward mail from USCIS.

If and when you move you need to file an AR-11 and I-865 top report change of address.

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)

I'm guessing it was your biometrics app letter, yes I would info-pass as you need the letter to get it done.

If this is the case more than likely can do Biometrics at an info-pass appointment.

The inability for anyone to easily TALK TO A HUMAN BEING at the Department of Homeland Security regarding their case is both an embarrassent to this country and IMO symbolic of the decline of Western Civilization during our lifetime.

The inability for anyone to easily TALK TO A HUMAN BEING at the Department of Homeland Security regarding their case is both an embarrassent to this country and IMO symbolic of the decline of Western Civilization during our lifetime.

That's kind of dramatic isn't it? Don't know how much time you've spent in China, but it isn't any better from a bureaucratic standpoint, in the eastern hemisphere

Edited by Kyle (see edit history)

That's kind of dramatic isn't it? Don't know how much time you've spent in China, but it isn't any better from a bureaucratic standpoint, in the eastern hemisphere

Exactly!!

It is a Federal Holiday, so for the most part federal offices are CLOSED.

This week in China most things are CLOSED for the whole week!

To go one step further Dan, many offices are actually closed until the 15th of the new lunar new year - the lantern festival. (roughly two weeks)

Edited by Kyle (see edit history)

I'm guessing it was your biometrics app letter, yes I would info-pass as you need the letter to get it done.

If this is the case more than likely can do Biometrics at an info-pass appointment.

different offices

Edited by Pommey (see edit history)

To go one step further Dan, many offices are actually closed until the 15th of the new lunar new year - the lantern festival. (roughly two weeks)

not likely in the usa

Talking about China, in that country when the observe a Holiday, they close for a week. Here in the USA we expect 24/7 service and "True Blue" was irritated because someone is not covering the Phones at USCIS because the US Government observes President's Day and took a long weekend.

Called USCIS this morning and talked to a real human. They seemed to know we were affected by a mail problem before we gave our info. Anyway, I was given a couple Service Request Numbers (I'm not really sure what to do with), but supposedly what USCIS sent will be RE-sent, and I should expect it within 45 days. If not, call back again.

I asked what address they sent it to last time, but was told "I'm sorry, I don't have access to that information." I asked what was content of what was sent, but was again told, "I'm sorry, I don't have access to that information." I asked a few more questions and got the same answer. It was frustrating sure, but really up until this point the whole process has been very smooth, this is only a minor delay (I hope).

I'll hold off on the info pass appt. unless something else happens. Hopefully this'll be back on track in a couple days or weeks.

But this might be a good example of why it can be important to file a G-28 with AOS app.