Ceremonial Wedding Pictures

I have been gathering up all the documents, etc. in preparation for Jingwen's K-1 interview. I had intended to incude the pictures from our ceremonial wedding, but a friend said GZ might think we were legally married and deny the visa.

Surely, GZ knows the difference between a ceremonial wedding and a legal wedding. Did anybody use their ceremonial wedding photos for the K-1 interview?

Frank,

I thought about having some kind of a pre-wedding ceremony in Russia with Irina's faimily. That sounds like such a wonderful idea to do with your Fiancee.

I have no idea what the Consulate would think. But, their number 1 task is to determine whether you have a "valid" relationship, and intend to marry within 3 months. I would think that the ceremonial wedding would help demonstrate that commitment. Furthermore, it can't be that uncommon to do such a ceremony, especially since the US routinely denies tourist visas to family members.

What is the big differnece between a K1 and a K3 visa? It seems as if both are submitted on the same form (I-129F Fiancee), and progress through the system very similarly.

What if I had committed to marry my Finacee, say, 6 months after the official engagement??????

What about those couples that find themselves in a situation with a NINE MONTH DEADLINE for marriage?????????

Sorry, I don't have any actual facts about using the photos, but I would say they definately support your commitment to each other.

----- Clifford -----

I have been gathering up all the documents, etc. in preparation for Jingwen's K-1 interview.  I had intended to incude the pictures from our ceremonial wedding, but a friend said GZ might think we were legally married and deny the visa.

Surely, GZ knows the difference between a ceremonial wedding and a legal wedding.   Did anybody use their ceremonial wedding photos for the K-1 interview?

Don't put questions in their mind. They have enough already. Nix the pics.

I agree with Don. Unless you get a VO who is very savvy about the ins and outs of Chinese culture and the domestic marriage laws, it may confuse them. Last thing you want to do is make them more confused. :blink:

I agree with Don. Unless you get a VO who is very savvy about the ins and outs of Chinese culture and the domestic marriage laws, it may confuse them. Last thing you want to do is make them more confused. :blink:

Not that I'm going to submit such pictures (certaintly not after this discussion!), wouldn't the VOs be familiar with this stuff? They deal with marriage-based visas day in and day out, after all...

Jerry

Not that I'm going to submit such pictures (certaintly not after this discussion!), wouldn't the VOs be familiar with this stuff? They deal with marriage-based visas day in and day out, after all...

Jerry

It would seem that they would be Jerry, but you can't take that to the bank. I have heard of and read too many horror stories about screw-ups due to a VO not being up to speed on the laws and procedures of our own country, much less China. Now if you are applying for a K3 visa, pictures of the wedding might be appropriate and even helpful. But it has the potential to muddy the K1 waters.

I have been gathering up all the documents, etc. in preparation for Jingwen's K-1 interview.  I had intended to incude the pictures from our ceremonial wedding, but a friend said GZ might think we were legally married and deny the visa.

Surely, GZ knows the difference between a ceremonial wedding and a legal wedding.   Did anybody use their ceremonial wedding photos for the K-1 interview?

DON'T DO IT!!!

K-1 and K-3 are completly different visas, your loved one enters the country under totlally different statuses, nonimmigrant verses immigrant. If the VO has any indication at all that you are possibly married they will reject the K-1 and insist you refile for a K-3 visa. At this point, don't take any chances.