Thanks a bunch Dan. I read in one of your posts about Yu watching PPTV.

So the nice guy that I am, I put it on my laptop for Fen.

She watched CCTV CNY programming and since yesterday my laptop has been playing a Chinese soap nonstop. 25 episodes, about an hour each. She is onto #14 now. :P

Sigh.

Well Sam, at least she let you make a post or two. B)

Thanks a bunch Dan. I read in one of your posts about Yu watching PPTV.

So the nice guy that I am, I put it on my laptop for Fen.

She watched CCTV CNY programming and since yesterday my laptop has been playing a Chinese soap nonstop. 25 episodes, about an hour each. She is onto #14 now. :D

Sigh.

:) Yep, Yu does that sometimes, but mostly she watches Western Hollywood movies with Chinese Subs, helps her with English.

Yu does watch the occasional Bollywood movie, now that is something else! I don't know is you are into Bollywood flicks but perhaps that is something you can watch together, Audio Indian, Subtitled in Chinese!

My wife and I are hooked on shows broadcast from Singapore. It started with what I think is one of the best shows I have ever seen called "The Little Nyonya" and I just finished watching the show "Together". Both star a cast of Chinese and Singaporeans. They were also the year end megaproductions done by Mediacorp Channel 8.

You can watch them on youtube. They are in Mandarin with English subtitles. They are excellent shows full of comedy, drama, and they pull on all the emotions.

Together is a 36 episode drama that follows 6 people from 1967 through 1980's. It stars many of the cast members of the little nyonya.

The little nyonya follows three families from ww2 through present day. It is 34 episodes and is very well done.

Let me know what you think.

Together- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymOFzK93yYk

The Little Nyonya- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GErrCpysark