Lol I kinda have a weather problem to, but mine is the other way. I live in Mesa and our summers are HOT 112+ is common June-Sept. I told Hui and she said she will just not go outside for 4 months lol.... :phone1:

It gets over 100 here in the summer for a few days. Last year I dont think we hit a 100 though. In Vietnam I don't think it ever gets to 100 good thing I have central air. :coolthumb:

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Your wife may think everything will be fine as long as you're together now but the reality of living in a cold climate without things she is familiar with may be a problem. She's giving up her family, friends and homeland to be with you. How much are you willing to sacrifice to keep your marriage intact for her? If she is totally miserable there are you willing to move to another city for her?

I took her to the ICE Palace in a park in Vietnam where it was made of ice and cold she didn't even complain. I wasnt' wearing a coat and her coat was unzipped. I told her it was even colder than this in North Dakota.

She knows I don't want to move because my family is here and she wants to be close to my family also. My house is warm so she will have a chance to get acclimated to the cold weather.

I have a decent goverment job now and if we move there is a chance I will not be able to find work in another city. Also the house is only half paid for and I don't think I could sell it even thought the recesion still has not hit here.

Not trying to be harsh here (you'll find lots of brutal honesty on this board, which I thank God for everyday!): you need to answer the question as posed, at least to yourself (you don't owe us anything). I'm seeing excuses for why you wouldn't want to move, all of which have to do with your own sense of personal safety and security and happiness.

Hopefully it will all work out well and you'll be happy there together for the rest of your lives!

Lol I kinda have a weather problem to, but mine is the other way. I live in Mesa and our summers are HOT 112+ is common June-Sept. I told Hui and she said she will just not go outside for 4 months lol.... :D

It gets over 100 here in the summer for a few days. Last year I dont think we hit a 100 though. In Vietnam I don't think it ever gets to 100 good thing I have central air. :D

Two words - Electric Blanket

You will thank me later.

Stop worrying and fretting. Just work on communicating with her when she gets here. You both will be doing a lot of adapting. Well, maybe you will be doing a lot of adapting. At any rate, relax. Things will be great when she gets here. Together you two will figure things out.

To those who talk about all the things she will give up when she gets here, I agree. But, let us not diminish what Bryon has accomplished. He has gone the extra mile to get that visa for her. That was no small task, and he deserves credit for that.