Our Interview Result ... EASY PINK

a2784

Congrats man!!

:D

...Any details yet?

Thanks to all for the replies!! We are happy to have this out of the way and it opens up options for my next assignment that did not exist before because we refused to accept any time apart unless it was out of our control.

I am thankful that, due to new projects and expansion, that my assignment over here was extended twice otherwise I would have gone back to the USA last summer with my wife still over here.

It has been a long 15 months from the visa side but a very short 15 months from the marriage side!!

The details are slim:

She was asked two questions:

1. When did you meet?

2. How many times did he come to visit you?

When she told him how often we met before marriage he said "Wow he flew to China that many times??!!??". She said "No he was living here in China when we met but we were in different cities".

He then said "Oh" and looked at his computer and typed something into it. He then asked to see pictures. She gave him the first of three books (ones of us only without family). He looked at first page and handed it back to her. He then told her "Ok you passed".

She then tried to get him to look at the pictures with our families until she realized he said she had passed. They laughed and then she left.

She had the white handsome (according to all the girls we talked to) VO. He evidently only interviews the Chinese women married to white men. :lol:

Observations:

1. Our front end loading consisted of an EOR letter and 6 pictures of her/me, us/her family, and us/my daughters. There was not enough front end loading for them to know our relationship was bona fide without seeing all the documentation we prepared for the interview. The decision was made before hand (on some basis that I do not understand).

2. The question about my trips to China was possibly an attempt to trip her up since my application documents clearly showed I was living and working in China when we met.

3. Out of all the IV applicants there were only 3 other US spouse/SO in attendence on this day.

4. My wife met one woman who had gotten married on the USC first visit and then never came back to see her or for the interview. They were on the same timeline as us. She showed me her documenation and original I-130 front end loading and asked if I thought she would be ok. I thought to myself no freaking way -- but I was wrong. She interviewed with the same VO a few people before my wife and got a pink also. I am totally clueless as to what is the basis for establishing a bona fide relationship to a VO.

5. It was highly anticlimatic - in fact we decided for me to just get on the next plane from GUZ and go back so I could be at work on Tuesday instead of staying and celebrating.

Edited by a2784 (see edit history)

Wow, i like it i like it....

But it just reinforces all theories that they have no clue/ due/ fair process through which they go through there at guz. A very large portion is just luck, and indeterminable factors.

One more question, you said you had 3 photo books? i'm currently looking for ideas on how to do our photos- what were the other 2 books of? Oh and how big were they? I forgot where that picture with dimensions of the VO window went....

OH and did you do ACH??

Edited by moonandstar99 (see edit history)

Wow, i like it i like it....

But it just reinforces all theories that they have no clue/ due/ fair process through which they go through there at guz. A very large portion is just luck, and indeterminable factors.

One more question, you said you had 3 photo books? i'm currently looking for ideas on how to do our photos- what were the other 2 books of? Oh and how big were they? I forgot where that picture with dimensions of the VO window went....

OH and did you do ACH??

We put the photos in A4 sized binders. We had 4-4x6 photos on each page. One book was pictures of us together. The second book was of family and us together. The third picture was of friends and us together.

I did not go to ACH.