USCIS Field Adjudicator's Manual

everything was related to our relationship and some about my prior marriage. Asking dates of my divorce and reason for and when me and mine met , when we got engaged , how i know she is right for me. It surprised me so can't remember all the questions. Everything they asked was some about my ex and the rest was about our relationship. A few about my work and if i own or rent and how many people live here with me. It seemed to me they were double checking my answers with hers from her interview. Was probably on the phone at least 10 minutes. I was blown away that they called but happy they are working on our case.

I am glad to see them at least do this. For the most part they have been known to simply deny the visa if they question bonafide relationship. Sound like they are making improvements in how they treat this and are at least questioning the petitioner.

I agree totally. I am more than happy to answer any questions they had. I have no problem at all with them calling me. They were nice and very polite also. Of course they do not give any answer though. I am guessing (hoping) i will hear something in the next couple weeks.

I also agree that it is a good thing that GZ is making some changes, and following the regulations. Many of you may not he aware, but the FAM has a provision for the CO to talk to the petitioner when questions of relationship bonifides arise under the K-1. You can look at 9FAM 41.81 (Notes) N6.7,c. : http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/87391.pdf

It would be nice to think that all of the hollering, and confrontations helped in the long run to get GZ to process visas by their own regulations, and not by the whim of the CO.

I also agree that it is a good thing that GZ is making some changes, and following the regulations. Many of you may not he aware, but the FAM has a provision for the CO to talk to the petitioner when questions of relationship bonifides arise under the K-1. You can look at 9FAM 41.81 (Notes) N6.7,c. : http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/87391.pdf

It would be nice to think that all of the hollering, and confrontations helped in the long run to get GZ to process visas by their own regulations, and not by the whim of the CO.

Good point, and rather than having members wade through the document I will quote the section you are refering to.

9 FAM 41.81 N6.7 Additional Factors That May Raise Questions in K-1 Cases.

c. Consular officers should use their discretion in determining whether to return the K-1 petition to the DHS in such cases. They should, however, first solicit from the petitioner information as to whether he or she was aware of the particular circumstance(s) and whether, in light thereof, he or she still wishes to proceed with the proposed marriage. If satisfied in this regard, consular officers need not return the petition.