Spring Festival 2010

Spring Festival 2010 starts soon...

When does it actually begin? February 13? That's what Google tells me, but when it comes to the Chinese calendar, I don't always trust Google results.

Anyone know for certain?

My wife told me it begins this weekend.

It's a 15-day celebration that begins on Saturday, February 13th. 24-hour a day fireworks and constant partying. All the construction workers, are busting ass right now to finish their work before the holiday. They usually get a few months off and get a huge paycheck. It's nuts right now at my office also as they are rushing to complete things. Fun time is coming!!

--edit--

Minor correction. February 13th is New Year's Eve. February 14 is New Year's day, and the celebration continues until February 28th.

Edited by ShaQuaNew (see edit history)

Seems like the celebration has already started here in Jinhua. I am here visiting some factories before going to wife's home for SF and there were fireworks going off all over the city throughout the night, from about 10pm all the way up to about 7am when it got light outside. I woke up at 2am and got some of it on video. Very impressive. If the celebrate this much more than a week before the beginning of SF then I could only imagine how it will be when it officially starts.

It's a 15-day celebration that begins on Saturday, February 13th. 24-hour a day fireworks and constant partying.

I remember the Spring Festival of our engagement party. Once the firecrackers started it sounded like a war zone for the better part of the first 3 days...then it slowed down to just a conflict zone :lol:

I hope to do Spring Festival at least once more before I die; being married to a Chinese wife I don't think that's much of a stretch. :lol:

Seems like the celebration has already started here in Jinhua. I am here visiting some factories before going to wife's home for SF and there were fireworks going off all over the city throughout the night, from about 10pm all the way up to about 7am when it got light outside. I woke up at 2am and got some of it on video. Very impressive. If the celebrate this much more than a week before the beginning of SF then I could only imagine how it will be when it officially starts.

SF in China is great, though you pretty much have to assume you won't get a decent night's sleep the entire time! After a while I stopped panicking when woken up by explosions.

If your wife's family is anything like mine, you will also be STUFFED with food and drink for a solid week!