I-134 form, display financials, how much is enough?

I make well over the federal poverty guidelines.... about $80,000 a year in salary, plus a potentially sizeable year-end bonus (no luck in 2009).

I live in the Midwest, so this is a pretty respectable amount here. Do I need to list other assets on my 134 form, such as my home, etc? It's worth about 200k, and I owe about 125k on the mortgage.

I also have retirement accounts, etc, although I'm only 32.

I've heard people say that you shouldn't include other stuff if you make well over the poverty guidelines, to forget about the other stuff, but there's also people in RobertH's thread in results saying that anything under $100k could still be questionable!

The directions included with I-134 are very old, USCIS has no reason to update them since USCIS has no application for that form.

The consulates tend to treat the I-134 like a mini-I-864 as so prefer the same financial evidence as the I-864.

In our case this what the I-134 included.

• I-134.

• SIMPLE Tax transcripts from the IRS for past 3 years, (Redundant for the (1040,W2,1099) but are free from the IRS

http://www.irs.gov/taxtopics/tc156.html?portlet=1

• Photo copy of IRS form 1040, and W2s for past 3 years (Not necessary if you provide the transcripts)

• Letter from my employer stating annual salary, job responsibility, and that is full time, on company letterhead.

• Photo copies of past month or so of pay stubs up to a few weeks before the interview.

My income was well above the povertyline so I did not include any asset data (LIKE BANK STATEMENTS or property values).

If your income exceeds 125% of the povertyline when counting yourself, prospective immigrant and any dependents, then don't bother with assets (401K, Bank balance, Stocks etc..), it is just extra un-needed data to provide, the consular officer is most concerned with INCOME.

I make well over the federal poverty guidelines.... about $80,000 a year in salary, plus a potentially sizeable year-end bonus (no luck in 2009).

I live in the Midwest, so this is a pretty respectable amount here. Do I need to list other assets on my 134 form, such as my home, etc? It's worth about 200k, and I owe about 125k on the mortgage.

I've heard people say that you shouldn't include other stuff if you make well over the poverty guidelines, to forget about the other stuff, but there's also people in RobertH's thread in results saying that anything under $100k could still be questionable!

I dont think you need to include anything else, you can use your assets when needed, but in your case I think you are just fine, $100k thousand I saw that and maybe that should be explained further as that probably has alot of people wondering, 32 man Good job,, Good Luck to you,, TK

Just put on there what you have. Remember as David Z wisely says, they look at the whole package. Meaning they look at everything about the relationship, and your stuff is part of that. Showing that your SO will not become a public charge is important to the CO's.

What's "necessary" may not be good enough. They look at the over-all picture in determining whether she gets the visa.

My own impression is that being above the poverty line but below $50,000 can cause greater scrutiny (but of course doesn't rule out getting a visa). Anything above $100,000 all but guarantees a visa. We even saw one guy sail through who reported $0 income and no assets on his I-864, but actually had somewhere around a seven figure ($) gross income. http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...c=26875&hl=

The $50,000 and $100,000 figures are ones I made up to illustrate my point.

On all other forms, we advise that you answer the questions truthfully. Why wouldn't you do so here? Just be careful that your bases are covered, your income is documented, and that no doors are open that might require further questioning. In fact I've found that an open door that is easily closed can actually gain points for you.