I am a nervous wreck.

Sam and Fen

Sam, great to hear everything is going well. Love to hear your stories, keep us posted!

I live in Flushing, so if Sam, dnoblett or anyone else is coming to flushing, give me a shout and we can meet up!

I'm leaving for China tonite, going to take wedding photos in Shanghai, spending china new years/valentines day China, then bringing her back to New York with me, going thru POE together. Planning to get married as soon as we get back, apply for AOS, then hopefully going back to Shanghai for our wedding by October. Very excited and nervous :ph34r:

Cheers,

Dennis

Edited by Spekkio99 (see edit history)

Sam, great to hear everything is going well. Love to hear your stories, keep us posted!

I live in Flushing, so if Sam, dnoblett or anyone else is coming to flushing, give me a shout and we can meet up!

I'm leaving for China tonite, going to take wedding photos in Shanghai, spending china new years/valentines day China, then bringing her back to New York with me, going thru POE together. Planning to get married as soon as we get back, apply for AOS, then hopefully going back to Shanghai for our wedding by October. Very excited and nervous :ph34r:

Cheers,

Dennis

Enjoy your time in China.

Would love to meetup with you and your wife when you get back.

If she is anything like my girl, she will spend the next six months asking "Is it free?" when presented with napkins, bread, refills, or water at restaurants.

She may also soon declare a hatred of tipping.

Last night we went out for dinner at a Hibachi restaurant.

I explained to her that it came with a soup, salad and fried rice.

First thing out of her mouth "is it free"

I burst out laughing. :) :lol:

Last night we went out for dinner at a Hibachi restaurant.

I explained to her that it came with a soup, salad and fried rice.

First thing out of her mouth "is it free"

I burst out laughing. :lol: :lol:

I remember those days very well. Now that my wife has been here for a few years, she is pretty hip to what is free and what's not. But when her parents come to visit, it's hilarious to hear them also whisper to her in Chinese "Is it free?" at every restaurant.

I even remember a very short phase where someone tried to "fill up" on the free bread at restaurants and then just share my entrée. :lol:

I have been on the opposite side of that, though... I've been at restaurants in China and taken the paper cover off of the "special" water glasses or opened the "special" chopsticks or napkin packages, or eaten the "special" h'orderves... The table suddenly will go silent with all eyes on me... The wife elbows me in my side and says, "Don't use that! It costs money!" So I guess there are pitfalls everywhere you go! :D

Edited by Minister (see edit history)