March Interview Group

This is very nerve racking. It has been a very long 2 years and I feel it is time to get a break. I just know I would like to thank everyone for the great support and help me guide through this. I know I am thinking pink and when that happens you may be able to hear me around the world. I have said a lot of prayers. Between dos and Guangzhou it has been quite the battle. I have been working on our Kitchen sink and going through the list to make sure I do not forget anything.

Guangzhou here I come. Our interview is March 18, 2010 at 7:15am. What a great feeling.

Michael

Hi Guys, I haven't posted here much (spend some time on VJ). We are scheduled for March 10th according to DOS, but we still haven't received our P4. :D I have emailed GUZ to request an email/PDF version of the interview letter so that Yi can pay the visa fee and ask for time off from work. I hope this is resolved quickly....it sucks that this delay due to CNY at the end could possibly affect our interview. Good luck everyone!

Hi Guys, I haven't posted here much (spend some time on VJ). We are scheduled for March 10th according to DOS, but we still haven't received our P4. :D I have emailed GUZ to request an email/PDF version of the interview letter so that Yi can pay the visa fee and ask for time off from work. I hope this is resolved quickly....it sucks that this delay due to CNY at the end could possibly affect our interview. Good luck everyone!

I'm sure emailing them will resolve this issue. You can download the other P4 forms from the CONGUZ website.

http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/fo...and_packets.htm

25. I did not receive the appointment package (Packet 4). How can I get another sent to me?

If you have not received Packet 4, please contact the Immigrant Visa Unit of U.S. Consulate General Guangzhou by fax, mail or email, and request that it be resent. In some cases, it will be necessary to reschedule interviews for a later date. Please be sure to include the principal beneficiary’s name and updated mailing address in Chinese characters, as well as the postal code and contact phone number.

http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/iv_faqs.html#B25

http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/contactiv.html

Edited by Kyle (see edit history)

Thanks Kyle,

While Skyping tonight, Yi received the mail and it contained our P4!! So, we are quite relieved. She also made arrangement with Mr. Yang to stay at his apartments for her interview. I think we are ready to go with paperwork and arrangements. I am still hoping that the visa fee is not bumped for two more weeks. Woohoo!

Thanks Kyle,

While Skyping tonight, Yi received the mail and it contained our P4!! So, we are quite relieved. She also made arrangement with Mr. Yang to stay at his apartments for her interview. I think we are ready to go with paperwork and arrangements. I am still hoping that the visa fee is not bumped for two more weeks. Woohoo!

That's great news. Congratulations. I think you'll be fine time-wise. Good luck.

PINK!!! Wooohoo...well, it is actually orange..but we got it! Two minutes, two whole damn minutes...five questions..and didn't want to look at anything Yi brought!!! Yi almost demanded that she look at our logs and pics..but the woman said "you have more than proved a real relationship." And that is that. I am in a post-pink mental haze...I don't know what to do with myself....

As always starting new thread one month before.

I guess I'm number two! Appointment cover letter came today. Interview scheduled for March 15th 2010 at 7:30am!

Thanks to all who supported us with your feedback! My wife Qin and I got PINK! Our case was relatively simple compared to many others. From what she tells me, the VO only asked her about 3 questions over maybe 5 minutes... Where and how did we meet?, When did he come to China for the first time? How many times have I been to China? Done! We pick up her visa packet today at the post office before scheduling plane tickets back to Chengdu to spend about a week with her family before flying back to the US together! WOO HOO!

Mark

As always starting new thread one month before.

I guess I'm number two! Appointment cover letter came today. Interview scheduled for March 15th 2010 at 7:30am!

Thanks to all who supported us with your feedback! My wife Qin and I got PINK! Our case was relatively simple compared to many others. From what she tells me, the VO only asked her about 3 questions over maybe 5 minutes... Where and how did we meet?, When did he come to China for the first time? How many times have I been to China? Done! We pick up her visa packet today at the post office before scheduling plane tickets back to Chengdu to spend about a week with her family before flying back to the US together! WOO HOO!

Mark

Congrats Mark & Qin.

Sorry I tried to call Qin and we never got through.

Michael