Status on the New GUZ facility

Sounds great. Noticed this paragraph.

The construction of a new consulate in Guangzhou will reflect not only the importance of the United States-China bilateral relationship, but also the breadth of issues in which our countries are engaged as this new century progresses

So lets see some of this importance in bilateral relationship in the form of more pink slips.

The construction of a new consulate in Guangzhou will reflect not only the importance of the United States-China bilateral relationship, but also the breadth of issues in which our countries are engaged as this new century progresses

So lets see some of this importance in bilateral relationship in the form of more pink slips.

WTFC ... hope it is not as ugly as the new building in Beijing. It is an embrassment. Don't think the new building will increase speed, improve service, or change the attitudes you encounter. Just more money from your pocket to their pocket...

WTFC ... hope it is not as ugly as the new building in Beijing. It is an embrassment. Don't think the new building will increase speed, improve service, or change the attitudes you encounter. Just more money from your pocket to their pocket...

The embassy's new location seems to be a little more out of the way as well. I do like the area it is in though better - it does seem less congested. I agree that the structure itself is kind of an eyesore. :)

Edited by Kyle (see edit history)

The embassy's new location seems to be a little more out of the way as well. I do like the area it is in though better - it does seem less congested. I agree that the structure itself is kind of an eyesore. :D

Your probably right about it being less congrested. My comments are the result of the time I went to the Dutch embassy (right across the street from the park/river in a beautiful shady tree lined area that houses many embassies) to pick up a new passport for a friend of mine to save him a trip since I was going to be in Beijing anyway.

The day before I went to the USA embassy ACS to get my wife's ITIN application notarized. The difference in security treatment and the attitudes (from the initial security guard to the embassy officals) was significant and quite eye-opening. I am sure they have more work to do at the USA embassy but common courtesy and customer service should not be thrown out the window.