The I-129F NVC is being sent out today to GUZ. I think I'm understanding this a little better.. The nonimmigrant visa K3 is under process and the I-130 will in no shape or form hold up this process as it stays at the NVC. The I129F is valid from 1/15/2010 to 05/14/2010 so I imagine we will be getting the interview before the 14th of May. So i would assume the wheels are in motion for the next step P3.

The I-130 and I-129F are seperate petitions, one does not affect the other.

I-129F approval always shows 4 month validity, the consulate has the power to extend this and do automatically, if they cannot schedule an interview by the time the I-129F NOA2 letter indicates it expires.

I-129F approval always shows 4 month validity, the consulate has the power to extend this and do automatically, if they cannot schedule an interview by the time the I-129F NOA2 letter indicates it expires.

Got it.. Sorry, I'm a slow learner.. Should I call the consulate in GUZ to see if they received the case for K3 in about 2 weeks or so?

Got it.. Sorry, I'm a slow learner.. Should I call the consulate in GUZ to see if they received the case for K3 in about 2 weeks or so?

No, call DOS Visa Services in the USA @ 202-663-1225 They will tell you if and when the consulate receives package and when they send out P3.

More than likely the package will get caught up in the usual 3 month customs delay and the consulate will indicate not received until the package clears the delay.

No, call DOS Visa Services in the USA @ 202-663-1225 They will tell you if and when the consulate receives package and when they send out P3.

More than likely the package will get caught up in the usual 3 month customs delay and the consulate will indicate not received until the package clears the delay.

Thank you.. I'll be on the horn very soon.

Is part of the "customs delay" is the consulate entering the info in their computers?

Edited by JonathanM (see edit history)

Is part of the "customs delay" is the consulate entering the info in their computers?

Yes in part, K-Visas have their case files shipped to the consulate as opposed to being sent electronically as in the case of CR-1 visas that opted for electronic processing. So in the case of K-Visas the physical file gets shipped via DHL and and arrives in China where it will sit in a warehouse until the Chinese customs can clear the physical case through customs, after that and the consulate can then "Receive" the case file and then proceed with sending out P3, this usually takes up to 3 months.

In my case I did not bother contacting Visa services for about 2.5 months.

Yes in part, K-Visas have their case files shipped to the consulate as opposed to being sent electronically as in the case of CR-1 visas that opted for electronic processing. So in the case of K-Visas the physical file gets shipped via DHL and and arrives in China where it will sit in a warehouse until the Chinese customs can clear the physical case through customs, after that and the consulate can then "Receive" the case file and then proceed with sending out P3, this usually takes up to 3 months.

In my case I did not bother contacting Visa services for about 2.5 months.

IS there anyway to track the status online with the GUZ case number?

IS there anyway to track the status online with the GUZ case number?

DOS does not provide an online tracking system like USCIS only way to get info is by calling DOS visa services.