Any Korean Air experiences

has anyone had any Korean Air experiences.. good or bad? Looks like this is the cheapest flight right now and I don't mind the extra 2 hours flight time and lay over.. I'm always concerned about the baggage allowance but it looks like all airlines are the same, 50 lbs each for two check bags.

My wife absolutely loves Korean Air. She won't fly anything else. She is from Dalian, which is very near Korea. She will even do a long layover in Seoul in order to avoid the Beijing airport, but a lot of times there is only a 2 hour layover until the flight to Dalian. She has always been very happy that they go out of their way to make sure she has good seats for her and the little boy.

For my tastes, any airline that only has one stop for only 2 or 3 hours is the right airline.

I don't give a flyin' hoot about services or good looking stewardeses...just get me there in 17 hours or less...FROM MY ORIGINATING AIRPORT. Ya do that for me and I'll give your airline an A+. ;)

Feb. 26th, XXX is puttin' me feet on the ground in Beijing in 17 hours with one stop from my originating airport in Wash, DC. Old broads serving the food and being grumpy, I don't care. :lol: At least it's on a 777 instead of a stinkin' worn out 747 and it's $837 before taxes = $956.90.

Just get me there QUICK. :D United used to have a direct flight out of DC that took only 13 and a half hours. Damn, I got spoiled.

tsap seui

Edited by tsap seui (see edit history)

If you do a quick search on flychina.com for flying from either Boston or Washington DC to Beijing in the next month or so, you will find Asiana is the cheapest. But both Asiana and Koren Air involve long overnight connection, either on your outgoing flight or on your return flight.

has anyone had any Korean Air experiences.. good or bad? Looks like this is the cheapest flight right now and I don't mind the extra 2 hours flight time and lay over.. I'm always concerned about the baggage allowance but it looks like all airlines are the same, 50 lbs each for two check bags.

My favorite is JAL and/or Nippon Air, but that was because I got great deals for them through Pali travel.

I did KAL just over a decade ago...as I remember it, it was indistinguishable from any other good asian airline.

Good food, just a touch more leg room in the seats than US airlines, and free beer/wine.

From what I can tell, the overnight stay depends. For a while, I had to stay overnight in Japan every time I went to Beijing from Hawaii. Then once or twice I've gotten just the 2 hour layover. I didn't do either enough times to know if that was week-day vs week-end, or what.

The only time I used KAL we did stay overnight, but again, that was more than a decade ago. We went out and found a restaurant with a waiting line and ate there. No one in the restaurant spoke any English, we spoke no Korean. So we pointed at what someone else was eating to order food, and pointed to an ad on the wall to order beer.

:ph34r:

Damn spicy. Damn good.

Oh, forgot to add:

On the last leg, there will be Mandarin-speaking stewardesses. Practice your Chinese with them, if you know any.

Last time I went to Ho Chi Minh I took Korean air. They have better food than united but I don't like airline food but I heard they offer 2 choices an American and a Korean dish. Take the Korean dish.

Your allowed 2 check in bags each can be 20 kilo's I don't remember the length.

Each seat has its own screen where you can watch whatever movie or tv show you want or play games or listen to music. There is even an option where you can look outside from the flight camera's.

Not bad considering I hate flying.

Korean Air is one of the better choices. I remember watching the Olympics (Ping Pong!) at the Seoul airport. 2 out of the last 3 times I flew to China I went with the one that flies first to Tokyo (I think I went with that one because of a overall shorter travel time). Where you basically have to sprint to get to the connecting flight in time. Can't remember the name of the airline, but pick the Korean one over that one. :D

My first visit to China was 2005 and I told myself I'll never fly that far again. Lies! All lies!

Last time I went to Ho Chi Minh I took Korean air. They have better food than united but I don't like airline food but I heard they offer 2 choices an American and a Korean dish. Take the Korean dish.

Your allowed 2 check in bags each can be 20 kilo's I don't remember the length.

Each seat has its own screen where you can watch whatever movie or tv show you want or play games or listen to music. There is even an option where you can look outside from the flight camera's.

Not bad considering I hate flying.

I always like to try something new and flying with a different airline is a whole new experience in itself. I usually end up on China air or United everytime I go to China. I'm hoping for a layover so I can take in the sights and sounds at the Seoul airport. The flight camera is a pretty cool feature.