We are applying for a CR1. I have just sent in the last and only document that is missing at NVC. They usually take about 2 weeks to read and process my emails.

What's next? I can continue to login from the payment page every day until the login fails, meaning the case is completed. Then what?

Does DHS or NVC schedule my interview? In the past, applicants would have to wait until their papers made it past customs. However, we did electronic processing. Will it be instantaneously - as fast as the speed of an email? I've heard that nowadays the interview takes place roughly a month after the case is completed at NVC. We'll be doing the medical exam in Guangzhou a few days before the interview date.

Edited by celiothrkn (see edit history)

At this point it is a waiting game. I am doing a CR 1 and the NVC the papers electronically. Then they send the physical papers to Guangzhou. I know I call them now sometimes twice a week. My papers were sent on 10/29/2009. We are still waiting to get a interview. The number you can call is 202-663-1225. When they first answer press 1. Then the second time they answer press 0. That way you do not have to listen to all the recorded messages. Then when they do answer have your GUZ number ready. Look at my time line. Now where did you get married is the question? If in China then that is where the interview will be. I in the states then it will be here in the US. Stay in touch.

Oh yes I would not start calling for awhile yet. But they will also answer questions if you have some.

Michael

We are applying for a CR1. I have just sent in the last and only document that is missing at NVC. They usually take about 2 weeks to read and process my emails.

What's next? I can continue to login from the payment page every day until the login fails, meaning the case is completed. Then what?

Does DHS or NVC schedule my interview? In the past, applicants would have to wait until their papers made it past customs. However, we did electronic processing. Will it be instantaneously - as fast as the speed of an email? I've heard that nowadays the interview takes place roughly a month after the case is completed at NVC. We'll be doing the medical exam in Guangzhou a few days before the interview date.

We used electronic processing also. This was my timeline:

- I emailed the AOS and IV application on 12.24.2009.

- On 01.09.2010 I received an email stating "All documentation necessary to complete the National Visa Center's processing of your case has been received. As soon as an interview date has been scheduled, the applicant, petitioner and attorney (if applicable) will be notified."

- On 01.15.2010 I received an email with our P4 Appointment Cover Letter and the interview scheduled for 02.08.2010.

The information here is correct. At this point, all you can do is wait for them to schedule your interview date. This obviously, is very difficult to do - so I'd suggest doing what you know you can do: getting things ready for your wife to come to the US, start planning your stay in GUZ, etc. This was how I kept my mind busy - it helped make the waiting game go by a little faster.

202-663-1225 is the correct number to call to find out interview date? It's a State Dept number though. I thought Dept Homeland Security (DHS) schedules it.

DHS is USCIS, they have no control over scheduling things in DOS domain (The consulate)

Yes that is the correct number (DOS Visa Services)