tv reception

The telephone company advertise good deals on TV, phone, and internet, but the final total in reality is very expensive. I added DSL, $24.95, to my phone, but my bill went up $43.95.

You must be dealing with Verizon or one of it's subsidiaries. I thought they just pulled this crap with FIOS TV. I ordered two Chinese channels which were to be 10 per month and my bill went up twenty. Needless to say, Verizon no longer supplies our house with television. I switched to Dish Network. They have always treated me right and the bill is always exactly as advertised. I looked at Direct, they even offered me $100 dollars to switch to them, but Dish had the right package. The other turn off was DirectTV is advertised on www22.verizon.com under TV. This link to the same company I was throwing out my house, really turned me off. I also get Cinemax for .01 per year, that's right a penny per year for paying my bill by automatic payments. Once it is said and done with the promotion finished in a year, I will pay about the same as Verzion where I got basic 200 regular channels and 2 chinese channels. Except now I will have 200 channels, HBO, Showtime and Cinemax for two rooms with only one set top box. The final crowning point is my bill is always exactly as it is advertised and what charges customer service tells me. Never any thing extra. Got to say, I like Dish and will always be a loyal customer from now on.

We decided to try KylinTV for the Chinese channels. It comes down the internet. It irritates my wife that in the middle of a great show she sees a bar in the upper right that says buffering. So this is no better than snagging videos off the internet. We signed up for a year, once this is done, we will probably switch the Chinese channels to dish. The Great Wall package does not have the same channels as offered by KylinTV, but at least you get to watch them without interuption. Again, another reason Dish wins my vote.

Until recently I had Directv for many years, less channels, more cost. They went from $24 to $58.79 for basic. Telephone here is tied up with Sprint, Embarq, Century Link, or whatever name they go by this month. My neighbor has Dish for a couple of years with no complaints.

Tsap, and Chilton, you guys need to watch some Jerry Springer and get good education on what really goes on in the world.

I wood if'n I had a TV. :)

You could buy one at a flea market for about $20. You could buy one at Yard Sale for about $10. You could get one for free if you ask the guy at the land fill to save one for you. People throw away good TVs all the time. I gave away three 19 inch TVs, could not see them very good anymore.

Tsap, and Chilton, you guys need to watch some Jerry Springer and get good education on what really goes on in the world.

I wood if'n I had a TV. :)

You could buy one at a flea market for about $20. You could buy one at Yard Sale for about $10. You could get one for free if you ask the guy at the land fill to save one for you. People throw away good TVs all the time. I gave away three 19 inch TVs, could not see them very good anymore.

Spend money on a TV? My wife would castrate me. :lol: Free don't help because it uses electricity. :o Seriously, I have never spent a penny on TV and never will. My wife is the same. Computers are more useful so it's ok to spend a few dollars each month for the electricity to run it.

Jerry Springer....oh ma GAWD...I've been out of the Veterans Administation funny farm one month, yesterday, and I still have nightmares about Jerry Springer.

I came back one day from investigateng the joint for a gud escape route, and there sat a bunch of fellers, zombie like stares complete with drool drippin' offa they chins wartchin' Jerry gal'dang Springer.

Seems there wuz two fellers from Texas wanted to get married right there on Jerry's show, he even had a drunk preacher on there that wuz gonna marry them. These two ol' boyz were somethin' else, they wuz hillbilly rednecks maximus...cept they wanted to marry each other.

The female/male, I think he was, had his big ol' momma on there and she was DEAD AGAINST her boy marryin' another man. She pitched a pure redneck woman bitch...yellin' n cussin' and trying to kick her sons boyfriend in the cojones..but her boy was pure bound to marry his boyfriend...then they finally got to the weddin' ceremony and the poor preacher man had to be protected from BIG MOMMA. The preacher wuz slurrin' his words but he kept trying tell her that he needed the $100 they wuz givin' him and to let him do the Lords work and marry this happy couple.

I puked on the floor but nobody even looked up from the proceedin's to see if'n I wuz okay.

TV? Who needs it? I ain't as far away from TV as cuzin' Chawls, as I sent my cable box back in 2006.

I do miss the Simpsons and Family Guy, and I really liked the Independant Film Channel, History Channel, and Military Channel, but I have noticed my intelligence level and IQ has risen from it's low of 87 to a new high of 98, just since I tol' them to TAKE THIS CABLE BOX AND SHOVE IT!!!!!

I knowed you meant well cuzin' Highflounder, but only time I ever wartch TV now is when I'm institutionalized in the nuthouse....kinda fittin' wouldn't you say? :lol:

tsap seui