Which city has the highest foreign tourism rates?

I think most everyone is pretty much on target. Except, be it known that Hong Kong is by far the most expensive.

Also, when you're in any of these large cities, like Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou, Shenzhen, and so forth, just know that you will pay more for things if you hang around the laowai districts.

Don't try to do the negotiating yourself for things. If you go to expensive tourist areas, then you will pay more. As soon as you get out of the tourist districts, all prices fall right back in line with most everywhere else in China.

Oh, god yea.

Thats something thats always pissed me off- the way that its all taylored to laowais'.

But, thats the Chinese for ya. The only country in the world to have businessmen represented on its own flag.

Yangshuo is a awsome place. We rented a moter bike for 100RMB a day. We road in the countryside. Best time i had in China.

O yea? Sounds nice- might check it out when i'm back!

Yangshuo is a awsome place. We rented a moter bike for 100RMB a day. We road in the countryside. Best time i had in China.

Oh YES! Spent several days there and will do so again! Rented bikes, rode out into the country side to a place along the Dragon River (A Trib of the Li River) and rode on a bamboo raft down to the Li River, then back to town on the bikes. Yangshuo is nice because it is small and has a nice small town feel, the country side is minutes away.

I think most everyone is pretty much on target. Except, be it known that Hong Kong is by far the most expensive.

Also, when you're in any of these large cities, like Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou, Shenzhen, and so forth, just know that you will pay more for things if you hang around the laowai districts.

Don't try to do the negotiating yourself for things. If you go to expensive tourist areas, then you will pay more. As soon as you get out of the tourist districts, all prices fall right back in line with most everywhere else in China.

--edit--

Oh yeah,

Beijing/Peking Duck

Mutianyu for the Great Wall

Hutong area

Dancing girls

Massage parlors

Street food

Mutianyu is a fantastic place. And if your driver takes the backroads to get there, it's even better!

--edit--

Oh yeah,

Beijing/Peking Duck

Hutong area

Dancing girls

Massage parlors

Street food

Mutianyu is a fantastic place. And if your driver takes the backroads to get there, it's even better!

Yeah Yeah, you probably spent all your time at Maggie's bar. c'mon admit it

--edit--

Oh yeah,

Beijing/Peking Duck

Hutong area

Dancing girls

Massage parlors

Street food

Yeah Yeah, you probably spent all your time at Maggie's bar. c'mon admit it

Not ALL :D :P :sosad: of my time...I had my 70 year old Father with me!