haisong Jiang

N&J

Oh well, just another day in the life of air travelers.

Sniff, sniff...I missed my girlfriend so, and I wanted to say good-bye again, cause I'm so romantic, and saying good-bye in the unsecured area just wasn't enough.

$500 fine...oh my. At least his civil rights weren't disturbed...wonder what all the other passengers who got delayed, not to mention the missed connecting flights for the airlines, have too say?

Five trips to see my wife and I guess she just wasn't very romantic...she just stood behind the lines and tried to keep a stiff upper lip.

tsap seui

Such a touching little tale...excuse me, I need a tissue.........

Edited by tsap seui (see edit history)

not sure why URL doesn't work

here is the article

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii187/nhoe1957/alg_jiang_arrest.jpg

Haisong Jiang just wanted a hug from girlfriend when he breached security at Newark Liberty Airport

He did it for love.

The Chinese graduate student who snuck through a Newark Airport checkpoint to steal a kiss from his girlfriend - sparking a massive security scare - was described Saturday as a hopeless romantic.

Pals were shocked to discover Haisong Jiang, 28, was responsible for shutting down Terminal C for seven hours, causing more than 100 flight delays and stranding thousands of passengers last Sunday.

Outside his home in Piscataway, N.J., they insisted the quiet scholar could not have meant any harm and is just a guy with a big heart smitten with the love of his life.

"This man is very romantic. He's a very good man," said Andy Rui, 28, one of Jiang's best friends.

"He just wanted to say goodbye to his girlfriend, I don't think he realized what he [was] doing," said another pal, Ning Huang, 33, who plays soccer with Jiang.

Jiang, a bio-medical research student at Rutgers University, was arrested Friday after cops identified him as the man who illegally passed through a security checkpoint into a secure area so he could prolong his farewell to his girlfriend.

TSA guard Ruben Hernandez had temporarily left his post unguarded, highlighting porous security at the airport despite recent terror alerts.

Jiang, who came to the U.S. in 2004 from Jiangxi province in China, is charged with defiant trespass, which carries up to 30 days in jail.

He was released from custody and will be arraigned this week. He did not return home after his highly publicized arrest.

Friends said he and his girlfriend have been carrying on a bicoastal relationship for a year. She was returning to Los Angeles after spending Christmas with him.

"He was totally excited, even before his girlfriend visited," said one of his roommates, who only gave his first name, Hui.

"He was very excited to find a real good woman."

Grace Chen, who went to college with Jiang in Shanghai, pronounced him "in love."

"It's wrong for him to cross that line but I just think he didn't think too much before he did that," Chen said. "They have a long-distance relationship and she's going back to California so it was probably just his first response."