China surpasses US in 2009 auto sales

Guest Tony n Terrific

".....China's status as the top auto market is yet another sign of its rapid rise as a global economic power. After a two-decade economic boom, it is believed to have passed Germany last year as the biggest exporter and is expected to overtake Japan soon as the second-largest economy after the United States....."

After it past Germany last year for the 3rd. position for largest economy.... still, WSJ conflicts with this article, in that it sees a major slowing in growth in auto sales, in China, and particularly for GM and Ford in 2010---growth, but not explosive growth.

Isn't it on some level another silly comparison. 1000 people eat more than a 100 people. So we will say that the former overtook the latter in consumption and people are amazed and call that news?

well for companies that make autos, it it important news. Just 2.5 years ago, I liked my Honda CRV. Now I hate it. From a few on the road in Shanghai to every few other cars a CRV! Now I need to search for another cheap and yet enjoyable car. P.S. if you want to buy a CRV in Shangahi, you need to pay above the MFRP!