Artic Blast Coming

Guest Tony n Terrific

Guest Tony n Terrific

There are all types of weather warnings out today. Mother Nature rules.

My area is predicting very cold weather with 4-6 inches of snow today.

The govenor of Florida announce a weather emergency in protecting its citrus crop. Memphis is bracing for the worst weather there in years. The whole American South is being turned into a deep freeze. Sweet Home Chicago is changing it name from the Windy city to the Snowy city. Could see 10 inches.

My wife's city of Nanning will be enoying weather in the 60s for the weekend. Beijing's weather is the worse in 60 years. So much for global warming.

http://www.weather.com/newscenter/?from=globalnav

Another "refrigerator" for the anti-global warming folks.

You seem to think that cold weather should not ever be averaged into the global average.

Why is that?

At what point could extensive, broad-area, multi-year record colder weather convince you there is no global warming?

If actual cold weather measurements don't mean anything, then why do adjusted hot weather measurements convince you?

This isn't an argument, these are serious questions.

You seem to think that cold weather should not ever be averaged into the global average.

Why is that?

At what point could extensive, broad-area, multi-year record colder weather convince you there is no global warming?

If actual cold weather measurements don't mean anything, then why do adjusted hot weather measurements convince you?

Why would it seem that way??

Why would actual cold weather measurements not mean anything?

You need need to get out of your own box, guy! :rolleyes: :lol:

Face what you have, not what you imagine and, most of all, . . . NOT what you read in the papers!. :D

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)

I thought we already had a thread that covered this, don't we?

Why is that?

Why would it seem that way??

Why would actual cold weather measurements not mean anything?

You need need to get out of your own box, guy! :rolleyes: :lol:

Face what you have, not what you imagine and, most of all, . . . NOT what you read in the papers!. :D

Because just about every time someone mentions unseasonably or record cold temperature, you mention a refrigerator analogy, implying that anti-global warming folks are using cold weather to deny global warming.

I'm not sure what box you think I'm in. You'll have to be more specific. I'm always happy to answer honest questions asked in goof faith (i.e., not "gotcha" questions). I assure you these are not "gotcha" questions.

I'm also not sure how the box you think I'm in impacts my questions to you. I haven't been posting anything about unseasonably cold weather, nor am I one of the people saying it directly disproves global warming.

In any case, I'm still curious: what would it take to convince you that global warming is not happening?

Because just about every time someone mentions unseasonably or record cold temperature, you mention a refrigerator analogy, implying that anti-global warming folks are using cold weather to deny global warming. Correct

I'm not sure what box you think I'm in. You'll have to be more specific. I'm always happy to answer honest questions asked in goof faith (i.e., not "gotcha" questions). I assure you these are not "gotcha" questions.

I'm also not sure how the box you think I'm in impacts my questions to you. I haven't been posting anything about unseasonably cold weather, nor am I one of the people saying it directly disproves global warming.

In any case, I'm still curious: what would it take to convince you that global warming is not happening?

But they ARE "gotcha" questions - you start off with "It seems". Why does it seem?

You are reading WAY more than what is in front of you - both in the papers and here on the board.

It would take a lot more to convince me that global warming is NOT happening than it took to convince you that it is not happening.

Cold temperatures are colder than warm temperatures - that's all I'm agreeing to. Everything else seems like pure politics and economics.

Because just about every time someone mentions unseasonably or record cold temperature, you mention a refrigerator analogy, implying that anti-global warming folks are using cold weather to deny global warming. Correct

But they ARE "gotcha" questions - you start off with "It seems". Why does it seem?

You are reading WAY more than what is in front of you - both in the papers and here on the board.

It would take a lot more to convince me that global warming is NOT happening than it took to convince you that it IS happening.

Cold temperatures are colder than warm temperatures - that's all I'm agreeing to. Everything else seems like pure politics and economics.

Fair enough.

FWIW, I analyze everything. It is my job, my hobby, and probably just part of my personality.

I always seek to understand everything I encounter. Sometimes that results in overanalyzation, overthinking. Sometimes I make a wrong assumption, and actually get onto a completely wrong path that is a bigger mistake than just over-analyzing.

But because I do it so much, I get more out of it than some might think. It has certainly made my life much better, and directly or indirectly improved the lives of dozens of others, if not hundreds.

So I'm not going to stop now.

It would take a lot more to convince me that global warming is NOT happening than it took to convince you that it IS NOT happening.

Fair enough.

FWIW, I analyze everything. It is my job, my hobby, and probably just part of my personality.

I always seek to understand everything I encounter. Sometimes that results in overanalyzation, overthinking. Sometimes I make a wrong assumption, and actually get onto a completely wrong path that is a bigger mistake than just over-analyzing.

But because I do it so much, I get more out of it than some might think. It has certainly made my life much better, and directly or indirectly improved the lives of dozens of others, if not hundreds.

So I'm not going to stop now.

changed the IS to IS NOT on your side

We had a little ice on the car this a.m. covered the plants last night, hope it didn't hurt the lychee and longen trees or the vegies, we live in Ft Myers so much for the global warming as it won't get warm till next week, cold weather :rolleyes:

Yep - the globe's cold this week. Even down here. But the strawberries and pineapple are as good as ever, thank you. Nothing predicted below 5C for a while.

It did affect me, though. Nothing that good ol' Chinese medicine couldn't fix, though.

http://i49.tinypic.com/281999i.jpg

Guest Tony n Terrific

The snow is falling here and accumulating very quickly now. It is the time of the year. My wife has never felt snow yet in her life. I guess if she where here we could go sled riding or build a snowman.