Chinese woman

Guest Pommey

:( :D :D Haha, that may be a portrait of Rob's sweetie.

I often see here on CFL, some men summarize Chinese women by the obervation of their own wives.

A-Mafan's posts often are more exactly suitable to be used to describe his lovely wife. A-Mafan is definitely a nice man and always tries to help others by his observation, though when he generalizes Chinese women, I often see, at least some bad women are not suitable to be dealt with by using A-Man's point-of-view.

Jin will award you good seeing your this post, Rob :D

Chinese woman can be anything. Everyone is different.

That's right! Step up to the smorgasboard of life. You can find all types and all flavors.

Innocent or Wild

Strong and weak

Smart and stupid

Loving and cheating

Rich and poor

Young and old

Pretty and ugly

Traditional and Westernized

Quiet or gregarious

Nothing much different here than anywhere else...

Edited by ShaQuaNew (see edit history)

No argument that everyone is an individual.

No argument that the variation within a population is often greater than between two separate populations.

However, men and women are different. US culture and Chinese culture are different.

There are ways men talk/think about money, love, sex and marriage that tend to be somewhat in common. Likewise, there ways women talk/thinkabout money, love, sex and marriage that tend to be somewhat in common.

The words used are the same, but the meanings attached to those words vary based on the perception filter of both gender and cultural assumptions.

While there are always exceptions, there is great value in trying to find the most common views of American males and explaining them to Chinese females in terms they are more likely to understand, and in trying to find the most common views of Chinese females and explaining them to American males in terms they are most likely to understand.

It can't be 100% accurate, of course. No one ever claimed that, least of all me.

There is often shock and dismay and even hostile reactions when some things are said bluntly, but that is usually because it involves a paradigm shift to accept. People hate shifting their paradigms. Some people would rather attack the messenger than let go of deeply-believed illusions.

Still, as inaccurate and occasionally unhelpful as generalizations might be, they are the best way we have to communicate our experiences and observations to help other people through a tough time.

If everyone is different, if there is nothing in common, if generalizations should not be allowed, if observation/analyzation/assessment is never going to be even partially correct, then there is no reason for this board to exist and everyone is a fool for participating.

If everyone is different, and there is no common element of Chinese women or American men to be recognized, then there is no point in discussing how to get visas, how to answer GUZ questions, how to deal with relationship problems, etc.

But people have been helped, this site is useful, we aren't fools for seeking help and seeking to help through this board.

So if you think everyone is different and this topic is useless, don't participate. Humor those of us who think we see common elements.

Guest Pommey

Of course everyone can be different, I agree with Nathan however there is some value in looking at yes "generslised traits" both ways probably.

I am going purely off my observations, and not just with the better half, but lets not get stuck on the semantics of my posts, come on guys and girls , pitch in with your experiences.

No argument that everyone is an individual.

No argument that the variation within a population is often greater than between two separate populations.

However, men and women are different. US culture and Chinese culture are different.

Sure, there is a big difference between the culture of China and anything you'll see in the West. Despite this difference in culture, people are pretty much the same and should be treated that way. As I work and live amongst the Chinese now, I see the very same personalities I had become accustomed to in the West. They are not from another planet after all.

Selfless when they feel secure

Responsible

Pragmatic

Passionate/Hot-tempered

Blunt (regarding some things)

Indirect (regarding their own needs)

Prideful

My ex-wife traits: These traits do not represent other Chinese women.

Very irresponsible

Very shy

Expect her other half to do everything for her

Very emotional

Not very outgoing

Not very frugal

Worry about germs and cleanness

Does not respect elders

Loves lotions

Loves organic food

Laser focused....

Fantastic sense of humor, always looking for the funny side of life

Full of life

Very caring and loving

Goal oriented

FEISTY

Lyrical of voice and laughter

Edited by tsap seui (see edit history)

Eats like a bird at home, but wears her hollow legs to the buffet.

My lovely wife...

Calm (never a bad word about anyone)

Quiet ( speaks when she has something to say, otherwise does not engage in idle banter)

Responsible ( family, home, relatives always come before her)

Frugal ( couldn't get her to spend money on unnecessary items if I put a gun to her head)

No temper at all (never yells, throws things, has temper tantrums)

Family focused ( everything is about what is best for her family)

Stubborn ( about everything!)

Amazed ( by the crazy stuff I do!)