Adoptive families' quests to trace Chinese roots

http://www.latimes.com/news/nation-and-wor...0,6025953.story

More families are traveling to China to unravel the mystery of where their adoptive children came from and who their parents are. For the few who are able to make any headway, luck is a big factor.

I wonder why an adoptive parent would travel to China to learn this? That seems like a decision that the child should make without the participation of the adoptive parents. I've watched a few of these types of reunions and there often isn't a very good outcome. The poor of China often sell these children or give them away because they have no means to care for them.

More families are traveling to China to unravel the mystery of where their adoptive children came from and who their parents are. For the few who are able to make any headway, luck is a big factor.

I wonder why an adoptive parent would travel to China to learn this? That seems like a decision that the child should make without the participation of the adoptive parents. I've watched a few of these types of reunions and there often isn't a very good outcome. The poor of China often sell these children or give them away because they have no means to care for them.

Jesse I have been reading ALL of your post and I am most certainly not talking only about this post and it seems as though you have undergone quite a bit of transformation since you left here quite a while ago. It seems as though you have learned a lot. I am very proud of you for one. Keep up the good work.

Larry

SQN ~

Preceptive.. I think part of it's Liberal White Guilt. A better solution is to simply raise the child in Chinese culture, in America, and let them decide when...........ever they want to.... if they want to.

Here in Portland, many of the liberal adoptive parents are pushing the whole "where are you from?" issue-----but also not doing what they should to raise the girls as Chinese... That to me, is a recipe for disaster in coming years...

Jesse I have been reading ALL of your post and I am most certainly not talking only about this post and it seems as though you have undergone quite a bit of transformation since you left here quite a while ago. It seems as though you have learned a lot. I am very proud of you for one. Keep up the good work.

Larry

I forgot to add that might it be that you are a much more happy man now a days. If so it certainly shows.

Larry