Hey all ...

is it too soon to start considering my mother in law coming to US for a visit? I dont know, I figure I could start now to get the visa process rolling ... not sure how long it will take. If its not too early what should be my first steps? I see elligible family is spouses and children. Does this mean that my mother in law does not qualify?

TIA, Appaullo

Thats what we're looking into now on the uscis.gov site. But I cant seem to find which form we would need to fill out.

You are not applying for an immigrant visa. USCIS has nothing to do with B-Visas in-laws file a DS-156 to their nearest US consulate. You can provide them an I-134 to show support.

There is a thread pined in this forum about this. "Visitors visa for mother-in-law"

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)

I don't think "too soon" is that much of an issue. What is the issue is proving your mother in law will return to China. Anything you can think of that will show ties to China is what they want. Bank accounts, retirement, property, other children, organizations she may be involved in, anything and everything you can think of that will show she will return.