From what I have learned the CR 1 takes longer and that it does. On December 11, 2009 dos said that did receive the papers and then all of a sudden Guangzhou said they did not receive them. So I wrote Guangzhou about it just before Christmas. Explain to them what I knew. They used to tell it could take up to 3 months to get the papers. Well it is over three months now. So here is the answer I got from Guangzhou.

Dear Mr. Robinson,

Thank you for your inquiry!

As we said before, due to unavoidable delays in getting files through Chinese customs, it takes about 3-4 months for them to arrive at the Consulate after being shipped by NVC. Once the Consulate receives the physical file, we will schedule your beneficiary for visa interview within 1-2 months. Interviews are typically scheduled 2-4 weeks in advance.

Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have further questions.

Sincerely,

Immigrant Visa Unit

U.S. Consulate General Guangzhou

1 Shamian South Street

Guangzhou, Guangdong 510133

PRC

Fax: 86-20-38844412

Now as you can see they bump it up to 4 months. Now my question is writing a congressman or some other help matters out any. Or should I just sit on it and play the waiting game.

Or maybe the miss placed the papers and that is there way of telling to sit on it. :unsure: :blink:

Michael

From what I have learned the CR 1 takes longer and that it does. On December 11, 2009 dos said that did receive the papers and then all of a sudden Guangzhou said they did not receive them. So I wrote Guangzhou about it just before Christmas. Explain to them what I knew. They used to tell it could take up to 3 months to get the papers. Well it is over three months now. So here is the answer I got from Guangzhou.

Dear Mr. Robinson,

As we said before, due to unavoidable delays in getting files through Chinese customs, it takes about 3-4 months for them to arrive at the Consulate after being shipped by NVC. Once the Consulate receives the physical file, we will schedule your beneficiary for visa interview within 1-2 months. Interviews are typically scheduled 2-4 weeks in advance.

Sincerely,

Immigrant Visa Unit

1 Shamian South Street

PRC

Now as you can see they bump it up to 4 months. Now my question is writing a congressman or some other help matters out any. Or should I just sit on it and play the waiting game.

Or maybe the miss placed the papers and that is there way of telling to sit on it. :blink: :o

Michael

Michael, no need to send a letter at his point, you're almost to the P-3.

An electronic CR-1 at the NVC point by-passes most all of that 3-4 month wait for the P-3...they still gotta wait out the P-2 same as K-1.

When you go to Guangzhou and stand in the 7:15am line in front of the consulate, you'll get a much better understanding of what takes GUZ so long to send out P-3's. :unsure:

Good luck.

tsap seui

Dear Mr. Robinson,

Sincerely,

Immigrant Visa Unit

1 Shamian South Street

PRC

Or maybe the miss placed the papers and that is there way of telling to sit on it. :blink: :o

Michael

An electronic CR-1 at the NVC point by-passes most all of that 3-4 month wait for the P-3...they still gotta wait out the P-2 same as K-1.

When you go to Guangzhou and stand in the 7:15am line in front of the consulate, you'll get a much better understanding of what takes GUZ so long to send out P-3's. :unsure:

Good luck.

tsap seui

Thank You

The wait is very hard at times. From what I understand it is very busy at Guangzhou. I just got off the phone with her and she seems to be in very good spirits. I guess I can work on our Kitchen Sink.

Thank You Again,

Michael

Personally, I think this could be legitimate letter. If you didn't file electronically, then yes, you're going to have to deal with the Chinese customs issue. I don't see how a congressman/woman could help in this situation. I'm sorry that you're waiting for so long and I hope the situation will resolve itself quickly.

Thank You

The wait is very hard at times. From what I understand it is very busy at Guangzhou. I just got off the phone with her and she seems to be in very good spirits. I guess I can work on our Kitchen Sink.

Thank You Again,

Michael

Yes, the wait can be hard, but it also gives you guys time to work your best effort in preparation of your success at the interview.

Believe you me, that interview time will quickly be right in your lap, then you'll be thinking, did we prepare everything. The harder you two work on preparation, the quicker the interview day will come. For the last 3 or 4 months the lil' rabbit and I spent 2 hours on the phone in the morning and 2 hours in the evening with me asking her 75 interview questions, over and over and over, plus the many hours we worked on my 3rd trip for 3 weeks a couple of months before her interview.

You guys will be fine, think positive and work your butts off. :unsure:

tsap seui

Dear Mr. Robinson,

Sincerely,

Immigrant Visa Unit

1 Shamian South Street

PRC

Michael

Good luck.

tsap seui

Thank You

Thank You Again,

Michael

That's P4 cuzzin tsap. Them CR1s P3 is the NVC and he is finished with that one.

That's P4 cuzzin tsap. Them CR1s P3 is the NVC and he is finished with that one.

Sharp eye, cuzin' bubba...I didn't read the rest of Michaels signature, only saw the K-1 at the first part of his sig....of course it may have been that I had The Allman Bros. turned up too dang loud...opps, I sometimes get real stupid and don't pay much 'tention when I hear Duanes licks and Berry's smooth bass lines. ;)

tsap seui

Sharp eye, cuzin' bubba...I didn't read the rest of Michaels signature, only saw the K-1 at the first part of his sig....of course it may have been that I had The Allman Bros. turned up too dang loud...opps, I sometimes get real stupid and don't pay much 'tention when I hear Duanes licks and Berry's smooth bass lines. ;)

tsap seui

Got to "experience" that this weekend. ;)

If filed for electronic processing, the email reply is in error, and things will move along pretty quickly.

If you filed standard processing, the email is correct and you should settle down for the wait.

What type processing did you go for Michael?

As far as I know there was a electronic process sent by the NVA. They did receive the electronic process. The physical papers is what they say they do not have.

If filed for electronic processing, the email reply is in error, and things will move along pretty quickly.

If you filed standard processing, the email is correct and you should settle down for the wait.

As far as I know there was a electronic process sent by the NVA. They did receive the electronic process. The physical papers is what they say they do not have.

Michael,

I could be wrong here, but I don't believe that you opted for electronic processing with the NVC. With electronic processing you scan all of your forms and email them to the NVC. Looking at your timeline it appears that you snail mailed all of your documents. Here is the link to Dan's thread on this: http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=37703

It is not uncommon for confusing information to be given out by the NVC call number. Some of their officers are not well trained or well informed. They may tell you that the file has been sent and received by GZ, when in fact only the electronic file has been received. For normal processing, NVC sends an electronic file in addition to the hard copy which is sent DHL. The GZ consulate does not do any processing until they receive that hard copy. So continue to be patient, and check the DHL website to see when the hard copy package is received.

Michael,

I could be wrong here, but I don't believe that you opted for electronic processing with the NVC. With electronic processing you scan all of your forms and email them to the NVC. Looking at your timeline it appears that you snail mailed all of your documents. Here is the link to Dan's thread on this: http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=37703

It is not uncommon for confusing information to be given out by the NVC call number. Some of their officers are not well trained or well informed. They may tell you that the file has been sent and received by GZ, when in fact only the electronic file has been received. For normal processing, NVC sends an electronic file in addition to the hard copy which is sent DHL. The GZ consulate does not do any processing until they receive that hard copy. So continue to be patient, and check the DHL website to see when the hard copy package is received.

If you have a GUZ number then no electronic processing. A GZO number then it is electronic processing.

Michael,

Thank You both.

I did get a tracking on it from DHL. It was delivered on 10/19/2009 at 12:20pmhttp://i806.photobucket.com/albums/yy347/michael_fengjie/DHL.jpg

So it is a waiting game at this pint.

Michael