Where can Chinese people travel easily?

May not be the right section but I didnt know where this fit. Anyway, my parents want to meet my girl in the future. We will try for a US tourist visa. But since the odds are against us, i was wondering if anyone knew of a list of countries that Chinese people can go easily.

We prefer close to America because I know my parents wont want to travel half way around the world. I know she can go to Bali but thats very far. Someone mentioned Aruba but when she looked up the travel requirements she said it was hard for her to get to travel there. Anyway, any help is appreciated.

I just googled and found this

http://community.travelchinaguide.com/forum2.asp?i=45245

Really most of the places are pretty far and your parents probably wouldn't want to go there if they didn't want to go to China. No chance on getting them to Hong Kong and Macau?

NOT MANY

Found this: http://community.travelchinaguide.com/foru...5245&page=1

Note you can look up visa requirements here: http://www.delta.com/planning_reservations...rt_information/

Just enter China (PRC) as citizenship and country that may be interested in traveling to, you will see that virtually ALL require a visa of some sort to visit.

Moving this to the Communications, Planes & Shipping forum.

Perhaps Jamaica would suit you, mon.

"A February 2005 agreement between Jamaica and China providing for Approved Destination Status for Jamaica has opened the door for Chinese tourists to begin to explore Jamaica¡¯s many attractions through group travel organized by approved travel agencies. Several agencies have already begun to promote Jamaican packages in China and the Embassy has established a system for the issuing of tourist visas to facilitate group travel."

Jamaica

Thanks guys. Ya i am trying to find somewhere that she doesnt have to group travel because i think she would be stuck with a group the whole time.

Unless you're looking at destinations within Asia such as Malaysia and Thailand or one or two mid-eastern countries, don't expect much.

What about some Central American banana republics? Shouldn't be difficult for her to get a visa to, say, Honduras.

I say go for the gusto and try to get your parents to visit China. It might not appeal to them in the beginning, but I bet they would appreciate and enjoy the experience tremendously. Then, not only would they meet your girl, but also maybe some of her family and most importantly her country and her environment. That could be priceless.

And as someone else pointed out, HK and Macau are fun fun fun. I am sure your parents would enjoy spending some time there and your SO should easily be able to get visa there.

Besides, I dont think you have many other suitable options.

Unless you're looking at destinations within Asia such as Malaysia and Thailand or one or two mid-eastern countries, don't expect much.

What about some Central American banana republics? Shouldn't be difficult for her to get a visa to, say, Honduras.

At least one person in China has been there. I received a Honduran coin in change at a restaurant my first visit to China! :unsure:

I say go for the gusto and try to get your parents to visit China. It might not appeal to them in the beginning, but I bet they would appreciate and enjoy the experience tremendously. Then, not only would they meet your girl, but also maybe some of her family and most importantly her country and her environment. That could be priceless.

And as someone else pointed out, HK and Macau are fun fun fun. I am sure your parents would enjoy spending some time there and your SO should easily be able to get visa there.

Besides, I dont think you have many other suitable options.

I think this is great advice. If you book a direct flight from LAX or SF it is not that bad, yes it's a long flight (about 14 hours to HK from LAX) but on a good airline it's not unbearable. I know Cathay flies direct from LAX to HK and is a very good airline.