Another Fee Increase?!

Yes, I just did the math.

K-1:

I-129F: $455

Consulate: $131 (Soon to be $350)

Adjustment Of Status: $1010 I-485

Removal of Conditions: $545 (I-751)

($2141 ~ $2360) (K-3 is $100 less ($355 for I-130 vs $455 for I-129F)

CR-1:

I-130: $355

NVC I-864: $70

NVC Visa fee: $400 ($355+$45)

($825)

Note: I did not include I-751 for removal because CR-1 is also subject to removal of conditions CR = CONDITIONAL Resident.

Only if couple are married MORE than 2 years before residency is granted would they avoid Conditional Residency. For example Applied for CR-1 and got visa after 2 years of marriage then visa is IR-1, or got CR-1 but entered USA after 2 years of marriage, then the visa is treated as an IR-1. IR-1 results in a 10 year UN-Conditional green-card.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there any chance these fees are increasing because the dollar is taking a dump and they need more cash to pay the local staff at the consulates?

No, again the fee for visitor/tourist is only going up by a few bucks. B-Visas $131 to $140 is a minor increase, $131 to $150 for petition based non immigrant visa go to $150 (Understandable considering that the consulate may have to mail out a packet to the person getting this visa)

It looks like more of a correction to cover the added immigrations processing for Immigrant intent NON-Immigrant visas like K-Visas. As we all know the consulate does extensive investigations before and sometimes after the visa interview that they do not do for the other NON-immigrant visa types. It only makes sense to charge a higher fee for K-Visas verses the other types.

China more then likely will raise their visa rates again for Americans only.

Probably not or it will be a small increase, there is no "K-Visa" for moving to China.

Again the fee for visitors (B-visa) to the USA is going up only $9, If China matches this the increase would match and be only a few bucks.