p3 recieved by consulate

the consulate confirmed that they have recieved our of230 and of167 (p3) does anyone have any Idea how long the wait is for the p4 to arrive at this time?  our original date of the application was feb 20th.  Spring fest. is coming and I want to know around what time we COULD be leaving.

Jesse

It's hard to say how long the process would take.So far as I know, it's about 10 days to 10 months.Not joking.

However, some girls with similiar timeline with you on 001 called GZ IV today and got to know that their interview will be scheduled in the coming Jan or Feb.

hope this is helpful

good luck

the consulate confirmed that they have recieved our of230 and of167 (p3) does anyone have any Idea how long the wait is for the p4 to arrive at this time?  our original date of the application was feb 20th.  Spring fest. is coming and I want to know around what time we COULD be leaving.

Jesse

Jesse,

Just curious, when did your P3 go back to the consulate? Ours was received last week but it's still not in their computer :(, even though it seems like a ton of people just before us on 001 got into the computer. Oh god I hope this isn't the start of another pit... :blink:

Jerry

Jerry, are you sure the consulate got your P-3? Did you send them an e-mail to be sure they have it. Yours should be in their system by now. Don't take a change, it may have been misplaced.

Jesse, it will probably take between 1 to 2 months for the P-4, many holidays coming up.

I asked them if they've received the forms and the e-mail I got back said that they "have not processed the forms", whatever that means. (I need to learn how to answer questions in this oblique manner. Seems like a useful skill to have in the office. :blink:) Th EMS site shows that it was signed for at the White Swan but who knows... :D

Jerry

Thanks Jerry! Apparently my Fiance didn't know about this. It is not something you have request with this mailing right? He sent it EMS and if he has a receipt then I should be able to track it, right?

I believe so. My understanding is that it's like mailing an Express Mail letter here; it's part of the service. My fiancee didn't know about this either and was surprised when I asked her to go dig out the receipt so I could check it on the web site...

Jerry

Thanks Jerry! Apparently my Fiance didn't know about this. It is not something you have request with this mailing right? He sent it EMS and if he has a receipt then I should be able to track it, right?

The tracking number is 13 alpha-numeric characters. The first and last two characters are likely to be letters, with 9 numbers in between.

If I remember from another post, you can also check with the concierge at the White Swan to verify delivery to the consulate.

Jerry, you sound like you have fell in the same hoe as me. Our P-3 was sent and EMS confirmed delivery. The consulate said the were processing it but it wasn't in their system. I sent another e-mail telling them the time, date and day it was delivered. Finally they admitted not receiving it and asked me to fax the 230 and 169 and e-mail they as soon as I did it. They confirmed receipt all in a few hours. Yours has been a week. your only EMS receipt is from the White Swan, that ends it for the China post. The consulate always says they are processing things they don't have. I loss a month and I was in China at the time and could have brought it to the consulate. Good luck