who else is still waiting for the visa to be released?

3 days was norm for many years. I would say to not be alarmed unless it is past 6 days.

One infrequently mentioned trick is to call DOS and ask if the visa is approved; they will know this. If yes, then just need wait.

What could be the reason(s) for the delay?

I will call DOS on Monday. If they say it's been printed, does it mean I can start looking at plane tickets?

Edited by bigslugandlittleslug (see edit history)

3 days was norm for many years. I would say to not be alarmed unless it is past 6 days.

One infrequently mentioned trick is to call DOS and ask if the visa is approved; they will know this. If yes, then just need wait.

What could be the reason(s) for the delay?

I will call DOS on Monday. If they say it's been printed, does it mean I can start looking at plane tickets?

Do not buy any tickets until she has visa in Hand. Just wait a few more days and it will ll be over.

It wouldn't surprise me if they might be several days late because this is Christmas week! I would imagine the final papers wouldn't have been done till Tuesday at the earliest and then if you are lucky they would have hit the mail room the next day. Then how much work do you think the consulate would have done on Christmas eve. Then Friday was Christmas. I also imagine a lot of the consulate staff was on vacation for the week making them short handed. So I wouldn't worry about it yet!

Gale

We got approved on 21th (Monday) but the tracking # is still shown to be invalid on the EMS website.

4 working days have passed . I wonder if this is normal. :D