Blue slip today Dec 21, 2009

Rick

Thank you for all the replies so far.

I read some of the old posts saying that it is not a good idea submit them more than what they ask. Should I submit other pictures that have both of us and with our family (not a wedding pic since we didn't have one)? also should i submit a note/addif. from both of our parents? Those two they didn't ask for it in the blue slip note, but should i give them?

Thank you

Ricky

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would only give them what they ask for. No need giving anything more. Why give them an opportunity to have additional questions raised? This is just my opinion.

Hi all,

I would like to gather opinions again. GUZ mainly wants me to explain how to communicate with my wife. We have phone records; however, we have nearly none letters/emails. Do you guys think it is a good idea for me to write the evolution of relationship letter and write another one in Chinese (like a translation) and get both notarize?? This might show i could write chinese as well, but that will be beyond to what they asked.

Thanks,

Ricky

Rick,

From what you have told us so far ---- Evidence ~ ! is what they want.

We believe you have a legitimate relationship---- GZ wants to know why there are now wedding pictures.. So---did you save receipts from your various trips? Can you put---for instance---restaurant receipts together with family pictures? ---which is to say: Can you show pictures of the family, around the time of the wedding, all gathered together at a restaurant----and produce a receipt----this could be perfect proof---because the receipt will show the exact food dishes on the table in front of the guests---and your SO can point that out to the VO.

As for language--what evidence do you have that can show a relationship? The whole point is--- you need to go carefully back in time to document every aspect of your relationship to date. I think most here view what you have presented (so far) --as not enough.

FORGET the idea of less is better. That couldn't be more wrong in your case.

Go BEYOND what they are asking for - in this situation, it would be very difficult to give them any more doors to open for questioning.

It is YOUR responsibility to prove that you have a bone fide, loving relationship - DO NOT HOLD BACK

My recommendation is to look at the overall package you are sending to them - does it LOOK like a loving relationship? Would it LOOK like a loving relationship to someone else?

Hi all,

Could anyone give any input to our blue slip in terms of how to provide the documents Guz requested:

* Provide as much evidence of correspondence that you can that demonstrates the development of your relationship, from initial stages until the current date. Examples include letters, remittance slips, e-mails, and chat sessions.

--We don't use email nor letters because we mostly communicate by phone. I am not sure what to give them.

* A detailed statement, written by the petitioner, describing the evolution of your relationship. Be sure to, at the very least, explain how you met, when you started dating, and how, when and why you became engaged.

--I think this is the letter of evolution

* A statement, written by the petitioner, listing every trip s/he has taken to China to visit you and explain how you spent your time together. Include dates and locations. Explain who arranged his/her trip China, purchased his/her tickets and who accompanied him/her.

* Submit the plane tickets your petitioner used to visit you. As applicable, submit travel agency documents. Who paid for the plane tickets? Show evidence of this, such as a credit card statement or bank statements with the relevant withdrawals highlighted.

* Photots of your wedding ceremony or celebration. If you did not celebrate, or you celebrated but didn't take photos, submit a credible explanation.

--We didn't celebrate. The reason was her relatives are mostly out to work in other towns. (Is this a a credible explanation?)

Please help. Thank you,

Ricky

We got the blue the first time we applied for the fiancee visa for pretty much the same things they asked you to submit plus financial records because I had a cosponsor and prove I live in the state. We have the marriage ceremony and wedding pictures and travel records but very little communication records except for a few emails. I thought the hundred or so pictures we submit will prove we had a bona-fide relationship. We submitted everything they requested in detail plus notarized, but at the end, we still got the rejection. You probably know this, from what I understand with your I-130 application, if you get rejected, it will be a world of pain because you have to wait for GUZ to return the application to USCIS for review and wait for a rebuttal, if the USCIS approves it again, it will send back to GUZ, who knows how long that process will that. I went alone and with some help from this website for the blue slip and got the white slip. Since right now you have one year deadline to submit the things that they needed, I think the wisest thing to do is to get an attorney to look over your case, such as the attorneys mentioned on this website. I think it will help if you to go to China again and have the wedding ceremony, communicate more online in Chinese or English, here's a website to translate English into Chinese and visa-verse: http://dict.cn/ Get all that staff ready before submitting them. You have to do everything you can to show them that there's no doubt in their mind you guys have 110% bona fide relationship. I and many others here have went through white slip hell and I hope you won't go through that rout. Best of luck

Hi all,

Could anyone give any input to our blue slip in terms of how to provide the documents Guz requested:

* Provide as much evidence of correspondence that you can that demonstrates the development of your relationship, from initial stages until the current date. Examples include letters, remittance slips, e-mails, and chat sessions.

--We don't use email nor letters because we mostly communicate by phone. I am not sure what to give them.

* A detailed statement, written by the petitioner, describing the evolution of your relationship. Be sure to, at the very least, explain how you met, when you started dating, and how, when and why you became engaged.

--I think this is the letter of evolution

* A statement, written by the petitioner, listing every trip s/he has taken to China to visit you and explain how you spent your time together. Include dates and locations. Explain who arranged his/her trip China, purchased his/her tickets and who accompanied him/her.

* Submit the plane tickets your petitioner used to visit you. As applicable, submit travel agency documents. Who paid for the plane tickets? Show evidence of this, such as a credit card statement or bank statements with the relevant withdrawals highlighted.

* Photots of your wedding ceremony or celebration. If you did not celebrate, or you celebrated but didn't take photos, submit a credible explanation.

--We didn't celebrate. The reason was her relatives are mostly out to work in other towns. (Is this a a credible explanation?)

Please help. Thank you,

Ricky

We got the blue the first time we applied for the fiancee visa for pretty much the same things they asked you to submit plus financial records because I had a cosponsor and prove I live in the state. We have the marriage ceremony and wedding pictures and travel records but very little communication records except for a few emails. I thought the hundred or so pictures we submit will prove we had a bona-fide relationship. We submitted everything they requested in detail plus notarized, but at the end, we still got the rejection. You probably know this, from what I understand with your I-130 application, if you get rejected, it will be a world of pain because you have to wait for GUZ to return the application to USCIS for review and wait for a rebuttal, if the USCIS approves it again, it will send back to GUZ, who knows how long that process will that. I went alone and with some help from this website for the blue slip and got the white slip. Since right now you have one year deadline to submit the things that they needed, I think the wisest thing to do is to get an attorney to look over your case, such as the attorneys mentioned on this website. I think it will help if you to go to China again and have the wedding ceremony, communicate more online in Chinese or English, here's a website to translate English into Chinese and visa-verse: http://dict.cn/ Get all that staff ready before submitting them. You have to do everything you can to show them that there's no doubt in their mind you guys have 110% bona fide relationship. I and many others here have went through white slip hell and I hope you won't go through that rout. Best of luck

IMHO, this is very good advice!

Hi all,

I would like to gather opinions again. GUZ mainly wants me to explain how to communicate with my wife. We have phone records; however, we have nearly none letters/emails. Do you guys think it is a good idea for me to write the evolution of relationship letter and write another one in Chinese (like a translation) and get both notarize?? This might show i could write chinese as well, but that will be beyond to what they asked.

Thanks,

Ricky

Just an suggestion, if both of you have Skype, use a video recorder to type your conversation online and submit it on a CD or video record you calling you wife on the phone. I remember the blue slip we received stated you can submit video for how you communicate and an attorney I hired said so too, oo that will show how you guys communicate. As you said, make sure you do everything prefect before you sending it in, because they are only giving you one shot. Take you time, I tried to do it too quickly with our blue which I regret after receiving the rejection. Get couple of attorney's suggestion if you can. Everyone here are hoping you can get your blue overturn.

Hi all,

Thanks,

Ricky

Just an suggestion, if both of you have Skype, use a video recorder to type your conversation online and submit it on a CD or video record you calling you wife on the phone. I remember the blue slip we received stated you can submit video for how you communicate and an attorney I hired said so too, oo that will show how you guys communicate. As you said, make sure you do everything prefect before you sending it in, because they are only giving you one shot. Take you time, I tried to do it too quickly with our blue which I regret after receiving the rejection. Get couple of attorney's suggestion if you can. Everyone here are hoping you can get your blue overturn.

Thanks a lot for your advice,

My wife and I both can speak Cantonese, and she even answered questions in Cantonese in the interview. That's why I feel weird that the VO thinks we can't communicate since I was born in Hong Kong... As far as I know, English is not a requirement right...as long as we have common language.

We definity think to record a 5 or 10 minutes video to show them we could communite.

Hi all,

Thanks,

Ricky

My wife and I both can speak Cantonese, and she even answered questions in Cantonese in the interview. That's why I feel weird that the VO thinks we can't communicate since I was born in Hong Kong... As far as I know, English is not a requirement right...as long as we have common language.

We definity think to record a 5 or 10 minutes video to show them we could communite.

No, a common language is NOT a requirement (as my wife and I demonstrate to this day), but you have a VERY round about way of getting there in what you're saying. You need to hit them right over the head with, "My wife and I share a common language, Cantonese, in both written and spoken formats. As a native of Hong Knog, I speak fluent Cantonese, as does my wife." DON'T MAKE THEM WATCH THE VIDEO to find this out. This statement needs to be right up front in your cover letter, and THEN prove it with the video.

It is YOUR RESPONSIBILITY to prove that you have a bona fide relationship, not their's to dig it out of the submitted material. Be up front with your points. Simple statements of fact can work wonders.

If they would not look at the evidence your wife brought to the interview, they obviously saw something they did not like in your original documents. I would look at those again, and see if there was something you did not explain well. I wrote what I thought was a good evolution letter, and after our "Blue" rewrote it adding more detail. I also detailed more clearly how we communicate since this was one of the items they were worried about.

I detailed my two trips in another letter, and added pictures alongside the text to further document this. If you have pictures that show wedding rings that is a good thing. ( not something you normally think about when posing though, sticking your ring finger out ! ). In this letter I also specifically stated that I was paying for the things we did and bought, unless my wife did the paying. Send any receipts you had from trips you took, and send your wife copy of your travel tickets to China.

I found after I got married that it is common for one parent to pay someone else to get their kid into the US for school. I think this is why they are so picky about kids, especially if there is a language barrier as in our case. The birth certificate was not enough, and we had to provide a lot of additional documentation,pictures... to prove her relationship to her own son. Letters from close friends and relatives is good as long as you get them translated and notarized.

I also used a calling card to make calls during the week, and even though they said they would not accept this as proof, I sent this along with statements from my home phone of calls I made. You can only give what you have and hope they accept it. Any documents you do not have, you just need to state your case as to why you do not have them. Aside from the marriage license, we only had a dinner. Fortunately my wife hired a photographer and we have a video of the event. I took snaps of different scenes from the video and included them in our package of evidence. They have to understand the culture is a little different than in the US, but I feel they are just looking for signs of a normal relationship.

It took us one month to re-organize this additional evidence after the blue. Dont rush this process because you have been given a good chance for pink. Take the time to prepare your evidence properly and thouroughly. It took another month for them to get our stuff and read it. Once that happened my wife received a call-in letter stating she just had to bring her passports back to Guangzhou to get her visa.

Best of luck to you,

Jim...

If they would not look at the evidence your wife brought to the interview, they obviously saw something they did not like in your original documents. I would look at those again, and see if there was something you did not explain well. I wrote what I thought was a good evolution letter, and after our "Blue" rewrote it adding more detail. I also detailed more clearly how we communicate since this was one of the items they were worried about.
This could be true. I found this on their website in their FAQ section and it touches on the subject of why a VO doesn't accept documents that were brought to the interview.
Consular officers will occasionally give applicants a refusal sheet requesting that they submit documents that they brought with them to the interview. This happens because the applicant also needs to provide other information that they did not have at the interview, and the officer would prefer to review everything together at a later time, either because the applicant was having difficulty locating documents in a timely manner, or the information was in a format that cannot be stored in the Consulate (such as a large photo album).
Edited by Kyle (see edit history)

Perhaps, but not necessarily. Maybe the original documents were fine, but they simply needed more information. Found this on their website in their FAQ section:

Consular officers will occasionally give applicants a refusal sheet requesting that they submit documents that they brought with them to the interview. This happens because the applicant also needs to provide other information that they did not have at the interview, and the officer would prefer to review everything together at a later time, either because the applicant was having difficulty locating documents in a timely manner, or the information was in a format that cannot be stored in the Consulate (such as a large photo album).

These two quotes seem to say the same thing

Depends on the interpretation.

One interpretation is:

There was something submitted that raised a red flag, thus, you need to clarify what you've previously submitted.

Second interpretation is:

What you submitted is fine, but the information provided is insufficient in making a decision. The lack of information caused the red flag.

Perhaps this is semantics, however - I see a difference.

Edited by Kyle (see edit history)

Hi all,

Thanks,

Ricky

oh boy... you hit one of my few radar issues I follow...