My parents got PINK note

Hailong

I have some questions, C4Racer, from your experience, do my parents need to fill out any forms in the airplane before they land? If yes, what forms can I download? where may I meet my parents, before Customs or after? I would like to help my parents as much as possible because they do not understand English Language.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Hailong

Yes, they absolutely must fill out the US Customs form. All passengers must fill out one of two forms. There is a form used by visitors and another form used by US citizens and legal permenant residents. They will use the form for citizens and LPR's. Here is a link that has a sample of the actual declaration form.

http://www.immihelp.com/forms/6059b.pdf

It is not legible when printed out, so to help my wife's parents better, I downloaded this other form, filled it out and sent to to them. They could then use this form on the plane as a guide for filling out the real form. All they needed to do was copy the information.

You may meet your parents at the exit from customs. There will be a waiting area there for any one meeting international travelers. You are not allowed passed this point. You will not be allowed to assist them through customs, but don't worry there will be translators so they will be just fine. Also, allow at least one and a half hours for them to clear customs. This is how long it took my wife's parents and other friends on their first trip when immigrating. They should be prepared to answer some simple questions, like who helped you immigrate to the US. Don't forget to remind them to hand carry the packet they got at GUZ. They must hand it in at passport control, which is just before customs.Again, don't worry, officers will help them through the process and translators are available if needed.

Once they are here, you should expect to see their green cards in about three weeks to a month.

Again, congrats and enjoy.

Correct, the form for visitors and K-Visas is I-94, people immigrating like your parents do not need to fill out form I-94.
I have some questions, C4Racer, from your experience, do my parents need to fill out any forms in the airplane before they land? If yes, what forms can I download? where may I meet my parents, before Customs or after? I would like to help my parents as much as possible because they do not understand English Language.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Hailong

Yes, they absolutely must fill out the US Customs form. All passengers must fill out one of two forms. There is a form used by visitors and another form used by US citizens and legal permenant residents. They will use the form for citizens and LPR's. Here is a link that has a sample of the actual declaration form.

It is not legible when printed out, so to help my wife's parents better, I downloaded this other form, filled it out and sent to to them. They could then use this form on the plane as a guide for filling out the real form. All they needed to do was copy the information.

You may meet your parents at the exit from customs. There will be a waiting area there for any one meeting international travelers. You are not allowed passed this point. You will not be allowed to assist them through customs, but don't worry there will be translators so they will be just fine. Also, allow at least one and a half hours for them to clear customs. This is how long it took my wife's parents and other friends on their first trip when immigrating. They should be prepared to answer some simple questions, like who helped you immigrate to the US. Don't forget to remind them to hand carry the packet they got at GUZ. They must hand it in at passport control, which is just before customs.Again, don't worry, officers will help them through the process and translators are available if needed.

Once they are here, you should expect to see their green cards in about three weeks to a month.

Again, congrats and enjoy.

Hello C4Racer,

I really appreciate you sharing your experience with me.

I feel very comfortable now.

As you explained, I will fill out the Customs Form and email my parents so they can copy the information to the real form on the plane.

I will also remind my parents to carry and hand in the packet that they got at GUZ at the passport control.

For the Customs, since they will not bring too much things, so it should be simpler. Anyway I will be patient to wait for my parents in the waiting area.

Thank you again!

Best wishes to your family!

Hailong