Chinese DVD player/American plasma HDTV compatibility question

I understand what you're saying Randy. I guess it comes down to personal comfort when deciding to bring home pirated material. Thank you so much, my friend, for giving me your feedback.

Tony, that's solid advice. As long as our current DVD player will hold out until we move to the States in March, we'll likely buy one Stateside. If it dies this week, Jingjing may urge me to get one before then.

Just a thought....I only paid $25.00 for a new one at WalMart in Xiamen -- I think they had a cheaper one....it worked for the 2 years while we were there and I left it in the house. If I would've sold the house/belongings at $25.00 I would've just given it to the relatives!

I would not bring one I bought in China to the US. FYI

I understand what you're saying Randy. I guess it comes down to personal comfort when deciding to bring home pirated material. Thank you so much, my friend, for giving me your feedback.

I agree, why risk it? You could be the one couple that they decide to use to make an example. Customs and the MPAA. Netflix is $20 a month. And likely your local library has plenty of DVDs for free. Besides, any DVD can be copied easily to a HD if you want to save it. I use Handbrake on my Mac.