Urgent: Questions about interview

Hi there,

My parents will have their interview on Monday.

I would like to know what documents Chinese Worker in the GUZ Consulate will need from my parents before my parents see the VO? What documents my parents need to submit to VO during the interview? I need to explain to my parents because they could not remember all the English documents

Thank you very much!

Hailong

My wife turned the following documents in before her actual interview:

Copy of Jingjing’s Passport Bio/Signature page

Copy of Kyle's (mine) Passport Bio/current visa pages

Marriage Cert. Translated/Notarized Book - White book

Birth Certificate Translated/Notarized Book - White book

Police Statement Translated/Notarized Book - White book

Kyle’s I-864 and Tax Returns 2006-2008

Dennis’ I-864 and Tax Returns 2006-2008 – joint-sponsor

Dennis’ Letter explaining domicile & Finances – Notarized copy. It was notarized because he sent this later from America, via FedEx.

Deed of the house in America – Notarized copy. This was notarized for the same reason listed above.

Physical examination results

Kyle’s Father's Current Bank Statement - joint-sponsor

The documents listed above, they took and did not give them back to my wife. I believe they kept my father's letter, house deed, and my father's current bank statement, because domicile was an issue for us. Some of the documents listed above may not be applicable to your case. The same is true for the documents found in our "cover letter" which is linked below.

I also gave Jingjing my passport. She gave mine and her's to the VO during her interview.

What will the VO ask for? Who knows - there is no set group of documents that the VO will request during your parents' interview. They tend to request documents on a case-by-case basis - filling in any questions that they may have. However, I've pretty much read everything on this site and I have noticed that passports and photos are requested on a consistent basis.

The VO didn't ask for anything from us because we heavily preloaded our I-130 application, so they actually had everything they needed.

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...st&p=520652

Jingjing did manage to get the VO to look at more photos, but she actually had to insist (the VO didn't want to at first, but finally gave in). Personally, I wouldn't try to do what my wife did. I would not try to talk the VO into looking at documents that they don't specifically ask for. To me, that's just inviting potential problems. Luckily, the outcome for us was still positive.

I made a little "cheat sheet" for my wife so she could quickly find any document that the VO may ask. Her English is better than most native English speakers, so there was no need to create it in Chinese, but I've known others who made one in both English and Chinese. If you'd like to see our cheat sheet, visit the below link. If you are in China, the below link will not open unless you have a VPN or other service to get around the firewall. China has blocked Google Docs.

http://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0AUHozCjQ...keHI1&hl=en

The numbers before each document signify that particular folder. Jingjing and I had 11 different folders that she brought to her interview. We also made an additional copy of the cover letter to give her VO. However, she did not accept it. Hope this helps.

Edited by Kyle (see edit history)

Copy of Jingjing¡¯s Passport Bio/Signature page

Kyle¡¯s I-864 and Tax Returns 2006-2008

Dennis¡¯ I-864 and Tax Returns 2006-2008 ¨C joint-sponsor

Dennis¡¯ Letter explaining domicile & Finances ¨C Notarized copy. It was notarized because he sent this later from America, via FedEx.

Deed of the house in America ¨C Notarized copy. This was notarized for the same reason listed above.

Kyle¡¯s Father's Current Bank Statement - joint-sponsor

The documents listed above, they took and did not give them back to my wife. I believe they kept my father's letter, house deed, and my father's current bank statement, because domicile was an issue for us. Some of the documents listed above may not be applicable to your case. The same is true for the documents found in our "cover letter" which is linked below.

I also gave Jingjing my passport. She gave mine and her's to the VO during her interview.

What will the VO ask for? Who knows - there is no set group of documents that the VO will request during your parents' interview. They tend to request documents on a case-by-case basis - filling in any questions that they may have. However, I've pretty much read everything on this site and I have noticed that passports and photos are requested on a consistent basis.

The VO didn't ask for anything from us because we heavily preloaded our I-130 application, so they actually had everything they needed.

Jingjing did manage to get the VO to look at more photos, but she actually had to insist (the VO didn't want to at first, but finally gave in). Personally, I wouldn't try to do what my wife did. I would not try to talk the VO into looking at documents that they don't specifically ask for. To me, that's just inviting potential problems. Luckily, the outcome for us was still positive.

I made a little "cheat sheet" for my wife so she could quickly find any document that the VO may ask. Her English is better than most native English speakers, so there was no need to create it in Chinese, but I've known others who made one in both English and Chinese. If you'd like to see our cheat sheet, visit the below link. If you are in China, the below link will not open unless you have a VPN or other service to get around the firewall. China has blocked Google Docs.

The numbers before each document signify that particular folder. Jingjing and I had 11 different folders that she brought to her interview. We also made an additional copy of the cover letter to give her VO. However, she did not accept it. Hope this helps.

Hello Kyle,

I am so thanksful to have your prompt help!

When you say: "My wife turned the following documents in before her actual interview", do you mean these documents were turned in to Chinese Worker in the Consulate before she saw the Visa Officer?

The following checklisti is for VO, I told my parents to turn these documents to the Visa Officer. Am I right? If not, what should my parents give to Chinese Worker, and What else need to give to VO during the interview.

1. Invitation letter to parents in English and Chinese

2. AOS and IV fee payments receipts

3. Document Cover Sheet for Beneficiary¡¯s required documents submission

4. DS-230 Part I Part II

5. Beneficiary's Notarial Certificate of Birth

6. Beneficiary's Notarial Certificate of Marriage

7. Petitioner's Notarial Certificate of Birth

8. Petitioner's Notarial Certificate of Marriage

9. Beneficiary's Photocopy of Valid Passport Biographic Data Page

10. Beneficiary's Notarial Police Certificate (Notarial Certificate of Non-Criminality)

11. Beneficiary's two passport photos

12. Packet 3 Supplemental Information Sheet

13. Document Cover Sheet for Petitioner's supporting documents submission

14. I-864

15. Sponsor's (Petitioner's) Employment Letter

16. Sponsor's (Petitioner's) recent 6 months pay stubs

17. I-864A

18. Household Member's Employment Letter

19. Household Member's recent 6 months pay stubs

20. IRS-generated transcripts for Joint Tax Returns (Year 2008, Year 2007, Year 2006)

21. Letter to Visa Officer explaining the shortage of childhood photos with parents

22. Family photos

Thank you so much!

Hailong

When you say: "My wife turned the following documents in before her actual interview", do you mean these documents were turned in to Chinese Worker in the Consulate before she saw the Visa Officer?

Yes. You understood correctly.

They can try to give all of those documents to the consulate worker. The worst case scenario is that they won't accept all of them and give them back to your parents. They'll keep what they want. What they don't keep your parents can take with them when they sit for their actual interview.

Yes. You understood correctly.

They can try to give all of those documents to the consulate worker. The worst case scenario is that they won't accept all of them and give them back to your parents. They'll keep what they want. What they don't keep your parents can take with them when they sit for their actual interview.

Hello Kyle,

I really appreciate your tremendous help!

I am not in GUZ with my parents. My younger sister and my nephew are with my parents. I will tell my parents to turn in their documents listed above to Consulate Worker, then keep whatever left for VO's inteview.

Thank you again!

I wish you and your wife a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Hailong

Thank you for your wishes. Jingjing and I wish you and your family a Merry Christmas and happy new year as well.

My wife said that the consulate worker asked for her (mine and my joint-sponsor's) financial documents. She simply handed the entire number 2 folder to them and they sorted through all of it and kept what they wanted. They tend to keep documents they feel will be useful for internal auditing purposes (in case someone wants to review their work - such as a VO's decision - at a later date. This is something that they do; the auditing aspect is not something you have to concern yourself over.

Good luck to your parents.

Copy of Jingjing¡¯s Passport Bio/Signature page

Kyle¡¯s I-864 and Tax Returns 2006-2008

Dennis¡¯ I-864 and Tax Returns 2006-2008 ¨C joint-sponsor

Dennis¡¯ Letter explaining domicile & Finances ¨C Notarized copy. It was notarized because he sent this later from America, via FedEx.

Deed of the house in America ¨C Notarized copy. This was notarized for the same reason listed above.

Kyle¡¯s Father's Current Bank Statement - joint-sponsor

Hey Kyle,

Is a copy of the beneficiary's passport bio page required at the interview? Is it ok if they don't have a copy of it?

Thanks,

Ricky

Not sure that it's required for everyone, but, it was for us. Actually, we previously submitted her old passport bio/sig pages (copies), when we turned in our I-130, so they already had that passport on file. The reason we turned it in at the interview, was because Jingjing had to get a new passport because her old one was nearing expiration (they did not have her new passport bio/signature pages on file).

Not sure that it's required for everyone, but, it was for us. Actually, we previously submitted her old passport bio/sig pages (copies), when we turned in our I-130, so they already had that passport on file. The reason we turned it in at the interview, was because Jingjing had to get a new passport because her old one was nearing expiration (they did not have her new passport bio/signature pages on file).

Hello Kyle,

Thank you so much for your wishes! My parents are in GUZ Consulate now. I will keep you posted.

For Rick's questions, I kept it in my parents document folder because it was scanned and emailed to NVC before, I assume we should bring it. However, the interviewees have to bring Passport with them, the Bio pag is in the passport, if the VO want to verify, they can check the passport.

Best wishes!

Hailong