I was looking at a copy of ds-3025, and I was wondering which vaccines were actually required. It wasn't specific on whether it was documenting what has been done, or listing what was required.

DPT / DT Diphtheria / Pertussis / Tetanus (Pertussis vaccine normally not given to adults)
Td Tetanus / Diphtheria booster.
Polio (OPV/IPV)
Measles (MMR)
Mumps (MMR)
Rubella (MMR)
Hib (influenza Hepatitis B }
Varicella (Chicken Pox)
Pneumococcal
Influenza

I know that Pneumococcus (Pneumonia) is only vaccinated for with people over 60 or so.
Influenza is normally considered optional.
I don't believe that Chicken Pox is a required childhood vaccination yet.

Several of these vaccinations require a series of shots. I know that Hepatitis B requires 3 shots over a 6 months period. Polio also requires multiple shots.

Should one check the vaccination status early and start updating them if necessary?

----- Clifford ------

• 9 years later...

I've found the same list and have the same questions, so no point beginning a new thread. I actually found this chart:

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/9587/shotsv.png

Also, is there any Chinese translation of these necessary shots? Giving my fiancée this list in English won't be very helpful.

• Like 1

Note, the authorized medical centers in China know exactly what is required, For the majority the column under 18 - 64 is all that is needed.

Also if doing a K-Visa it is highly advisable to do the vaccinations in China, and get the DS-3025 sealed in a separate envelope for later use when adjusting status.

Can she do this at any time, say, right now? Also, where can she do this?

http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3739.html

On this page there are four approved medical centers listed for those whose interview will be in GUZ. Is this where she needs to go? If so, we could get it all done in one shot ("one shot," get it? hehe) when we meet in Beijing, if it is a one-day thing!

I'm still a little unclear on this, please advise. Thanks, Dan.

Can she do this at any time, say, right now? Also, where can she do this?

http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3739.html

On this page there are four approved medical centers listed for those whose interview will be in GUZ. Is this where she needs to go? If so, we could get it all done in one shot ("one shot," get it? hehe) when we meet in Beijing, if it is a one-day thing!

I'm still a little unclear on this, please advise. Thanks, Dan.

Should do it fairly close to time of interview vaccination record is only valid for 1 year, so may become invalid by time you file to adjust status.

Yes can be done at any approved center such as in Beijing .

Last question: Can she do this on a single visit to Beijing or Shanghai or do any of these involve a series of shots to be administered over a period of months?

To satisfy immigrations and the DS-3025 the series needs to be started, can get the second shots later after immigrating.

Also I do not believe the medical centers will do any if this until you have P4 interview invitation letter (email).

Also I do not believe the medical centers will do any if this until you have P4 interview invitation letter (email).

I was thinking about that as well. According to the travel.state.gov linked above:

Contact one of the designated physicians to arrange your medical exam. Explain that the examination is for an immigrant visa application and give the physician the date of the interview appointment.

It doesn't specify if having an interview appointment is a requirement for the physician to give you the shots, but considering the one-year validity and upcoming AOS once she's here and married, it seems this isn't something we can just go do right now.

I'm trying to anticipate any foreseeable complications, but right now can't find any. I guess I'll put this on the back burner for the moment.

Thanks, Dan.

This is easily done in Guangzhou just before visa interview, simply arrive in Guangzhou a few days prior to interview.

Or if live near one of the designated medical centers can do this shortly after P4

Like Dan says, wait on the interview letter, then tell your lady to ask them to give her every shot they can (they'll know which ones) at the clinic where they give the medicals. We went down to Guangzhou 3 days early but got everything done in one day. If you live close to one of the approved hospitals then you've got no rush.....just wait on the interview letter/e-mail.

• 3 months later...

Like Dan says, wait on the interview letter, then tell your lady to ask them to give her every shot they can (they'll know which ones) at the clinic where they give the medicals. We went down to Guangzhou 3 days early but got everything done in one day. If you live close to one of the approved hospitals then you've got no rush.....just wait on the interview letter/e-mail.

Returning to this thread 'cause I have another question about what you said, tsap seui! I know you said you got all the shots done in one day, but aren't there some shots which must be administered throughout a couple of months? Also, would there be any other potentially tricky business with the shots that would delay us? Just trying to cover all bases here. Thanks.

Returning to this thread 'cause I have another question about what you said, tsap seui! I know you said you got all the shots done in one day, but aren't there some shots which must be administered throughout a couple of months? Also, would there be any other potentially tricky business with the shots that would delay us? Just trying to cover all bases here. Thanks.

Any vaccinations for which a series of shots is required may be completed in the states. It is only required to show the first of a series. Just a single visit to the MD should fix you up for immigration purposes.

DOS - Vaccination Requirements for IV Applicants

For a person who has had no vaccines or whose vaccines are not up to date, do all doses of the required vaccines need to be given to complete the immigrant medical exam?

Because completion of the vaccine series often requires several months, immigrant applicants are not required to receive all doses of the required vaccines as part of the immigrant medical exam. Rather, applicants are required to receive at least one dose of each vaccine that is appropriate for their age group. They are also encouraged to receive as many added doses as needed to complete the series.

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)