when we submit the I129 form and they ask for copies of my tax return showing my income I do not know what to do. since my divorce was finalized in august of 09 my last Taxes were filed with my ex wife because even though we seperated in 08 we were still technically married and had to file a joint return The one problem I have is that for the last 5 years my income has come from workers comp temporary disability and as of june of 09 also some from social security disability but since my income is not taxable it does not go on my 1040 and this year since the divorce is final my taxes for 09 will show no income I do have an award letter from social security but not workers comp My income is well above what they need and the only thing that I have from workers comp is my bank records showing auto deposits every 2 weeks and i can get a letter from them stating how much I get weekly Will this be good enough?

my assets also go well above the 125% or what it is they need. I hope this will not cause a delay because I am sure that the VO will not have a clue how workers comp works because it is different in every state If any one has any advice i would greatly appreciate it or is it time for me to hire a lawyer? I think I may have to does any one now of a good one in the northeast Ohio area?

You will NOT be providing any financial data OR I-134 when you intially file the I-129F, this is later requested by the US Consulate in Guangzhou when interviewing.

NOTE:

The directions included with I-134 are very old, USCIS has no reason to update them since USCIS has no application for that form.

The consulates tend to treat the I-134 like a mini-I-864 as so prefer the same financial evidence as the I-864.

In our case this what the I-134 included.

• I-134.

• SIMPLE Tax transcripts from the IRS for past 3 years, (Redundant for the (1040,W2,1099) but are free from the IRS

http://www.irs.gov/faqs/faq/0,,id=199557,00.html

• Photo copy of IRS form 1040, and W2s for past 3 years (Not necessary if you provide the transcripts)

• Letter from my employer stating annual salary, job responsibility, and that is full time, on company letterhead.

• Photo copies of past month or so of pay stubs up to a few weeks before the interview.

My income was well above the povertyline so I did not include any asset data (LIKE BANK STATEMENTS or property values).

If your income exceeds 125% of the povertyline when counting yourself, prospective immigrant and any dependents, then don't bother with assets (401K, Bank balance, Stocks etc..), it is just extra un-needed data to provide, the consular officer is most concerned with INCOME.

Moving this to P3 ~ Interview forum.

By the time you interview your 2009 return should be filed seperate, this should show your current picture separately from your Ex.

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)

I-134 and finances are not part of initial filing of I-129F, it is later required at the visa interview, your prior thread was mover to the consulate stage forum.

SEE answer here: http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...c=39804&hl=

when we submit the I129 form and they ask for copies of my tax return showing my income I do not know what to do. since my divorce was finalized in august of 09 my last Taxes were filed with my ex wife because even though we seperated in 08 we were still technically married and had to file a joint return The one problem I have is that for the last 5 years my income has come from workers comp temporary disability and as of june of 09 also some from social security disability but since my income is not taxable it does not go on my 1040 and this year since the divorce is final my taxes for 09 will show no income I do have an award letter from social security but not workers comp My income is well above what they need and the only thing that I have from workers comp is my bank records showing auto deposits every 2 weeks and i can get a letter from them stating how much I get weekly Will this be good enough?

my assets also go well above the 125% or what it is they need. I hope this will not cause a delay because I am sure that the VO will not have a clue how workers comp works because it is different in every state If any one has any advice i would greatly appreciate it or is it time for me to hire a lawyer? I think I may have to does any one now of a good one in the northeast Ohio area?

IMHO you will need an attorney. since when you interview next year, they will ask for your 09,08,07 returns. Need to be explained and IMHO, a filing by an attorney would lend more credence than you doing it yourself.

good luck

John roth might be someone to contact.

http://www.arctec.com/

I-134 and finances are not part of initial filing of I-129F, it is later required at the visa interview, your prior thread was mover to the consulate stage forum.

SEE answer here: http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...c=39804&hl=

IMHO you will need an attorney's help. I think with him involved, it would lend more credence to your filing.

You can try John roth

http://www.arctec.com/

good luck

If you're wanting to go the attorney route, I highly recommend Carol Armstrong. She helped us out some when we were going through our IR-1 process. She's worked under two different US Senators working solely on immigration law. Now, she's back in private practice for herself. What a nice and well-informed woman.

http://www.armstrongvisalaw.com

Edited by Kyle (see edit history)

INCOME is what is required, NOT that you pay taxes. Even with a $0 net income on your tax return, it is still possible to meet the guidelines. The catch is that many VO's will look at the $0 taxable income on your tax return and immediately reject it.

It is up to you to prove your income, and HIT THEM OVER THE HEAD WITH IT. Toward this end, my advice is that you draw up (or have drawn up professionally) an accounting-style COVER SHEET which will show your assets and income (include the Workmen's Comp) and that they meet the guidelines. Include what proof you have