SO is a Nurse in China

Sam and Fen

I believe nurse's aid requirements vary from state to state but almost all require a certificate. How strong are her English skills? If she has strong English skills she may be able to have her current college transcripts translated and either carry over credit or challenge the courses and take an exam.

I believe nurse's aid requirements vary from state to state but almost all require a certificate. How strong are her English skills? If she has strong English skills she may be able to have her current college transcripts translated and either carry over credit or challenge the courses and take an exam.

Exactly, we had my wife's transcript and diploma evaluated for a civil service exam for employment by the county.

Before leaving China it would be best to have the notary office translate and make a certified copy of college diploma, and transcript, and bring these docs to the USA.

Exactly, we had my wife's transcript and diploma evaluated for a civil service exam for employment by the county.

Before leaving China it would be best to have the notary office translate and make a certified copy of college diploma, and transcript, and bring these docs to the USA.

Makes sense. I will have her do it.

Thanks guys

Just a note in regard to nursing schools and the CGFN proccess, CGFN and most nursing schools require origanal transcripts to be sent directly to them from the university/school you trained at, they will not accept them from you.

Clearly there is a language issue here too if the school she trained at wont do transcripts in English.

All good advice.

Its a hassle to get these documents and official transcripts, and official, certified translations when she is here in the states.

And in our case, she also needed letters of recommendation (again, with official translations) from her immediate supervisors, both where she taught, and from the program head of the college she attended.

If she were in Oregon, with reasonable English, I believe any care facility would bend over backwards to help her with certification requirements for nursing assistant.