Divorce question / OF-169

Hi everyone,

As the petitioner, do I need to send my fiancee a copy of my divorce decree along with the other required documents for P3? Or is the checklist asking for HER divorce decree only?

Thanks, friends.

Tom

Divorce decrees certified by the court (in your case) for both of you.

Part of the kitchen sink.

Hi everyone,

As the petitioner, do I need to send my fiancee a copy of my divorce decree along with the other required documents for P3? Or is the checklist asking for HER divorce decree only?

Thanks, friends.

Tom

You didn't mention what visa you are applying for, the following info applies for K visas as far as I know.

You should send the item to your fiancee, but just to clarify, she needs to bring them to the interview, not return it with the P3 packet.

Your fiancee should only return these P3 items back to the consulate.

# Application for immigrant visa and alien registration (DS-230 part I)

# Instructions for immigrant visa applicants (OF-169)

# EMS label.

As stated in the instructions, anything else you return with the P3 will be destroyed by the consulate.

You didn't mention what visa you are applying for, the following info applies for K visas as far as I know.

You should send the item to your fiancee, but just to clarify, she needs to bring them to the interview, not return it with the P3 packet.

Your fiancee should only return these P3 items back to the consulate.

# Application for immigrant visa and alien registration (DS-230 part I)

# Instructions for immigrant visa applicants (OF-169)

# EMS label.

As stated in the instructions, anything else you return with the P3 will be destroyed by the consulate.

We are applying for the K1 Fiancee visa. You brought an interesting point for me. I did not realize that she is to send back only the completed forms and EMS label. I thought the documents on the checklist (birth certificate, divorce decree, affidavit of s etc) had to be mailed with the forms too. But now that I read it over again, I see that you are right. Thank you. I guess the checklist is a way for them to know that we are prepared for the next step.

Thanks again.

Tom