mail or pickup the passport

Hello there,

My parents are going to GUZ from Shandong for their IR5 interview. I have a relative working in Guang Zhou, is it possible to have him go to GUZ to pickup my parents passport if my parents pass the interview?

If not, how to let GUZ mail to my relative?

Thank you very much!

Hailong

Hello there,

My parents are going to GUZ from Shandong for their IR5 interview. I have a relative working in Guang Zhou, is it possible to have him go to GUZ to pickup my parents passport if my parents pass the interview?

Thank you very much!

Hailong

After your parents successful interview they will be directed by the consulate officer to pay an EMS fee. At that time, they can choose to have their passports mailed to either of the cities listed on the GUZ website. See link below:

http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/visa_issuance.htm

Because we do not live in one of those cities, Jingjing and I mailed her passport to the Yangs (in-city delivery 30 RMB) and after the Yang's received it, they put our unopened EMS package into another parcel and mailed it to us. We've had no problems doing it this way. We just checked the EMS website and it's on it's way to Wuhan - we should have it in our hands sometime on Monday.

If you choose to have your passport mailed in-city, whoever lives at that business or residence must have the EMS slips that the post office will give your parents at the time when they pay for the delivery fee.

If you give the EMS slips to someone so that they can accept their EMS package on your parents behalf, I would FIRST write down the EMS number so you can track it yourselves.

Just a thought:

Even if you don't stay at the Yang's, I sure they would still be willing to accept their EMS package and mail it to them in a second EMS package. They Yangs charge 300 RMB for this service (For Jingjing only). I'm not sure if the price would be more for both parents. You can always call them and ask if that would be possible - if, you feel that would be a direction you'd like to go.

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...4102&st=165

Edited by Kyle (see edit history)

Hello there,

Thank you very much!

Hailong

After your parents successful interview they will be directed by the consulate officer to pay an EMS fee. At that time, they can choose to have their passports mailed to either of the cities listed on the GUZ website. See link below:

http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/visa_issuance.htm

Because we do not live in one of those cities, Jingjing and I mailed her passport to the Yangs (in-city delivery 30 RMB) and after the Yang's received it, they put our unopened EMS package into another parcel and mailed it to us. We've had no problems doing it this way. We just checked the EMS website and it's on it's way to Wuhan - we should have it in our hands sometime on Monday.

If you choose to have your passport mailed in-city, whoever lives at that business or residence must have the EMS slips that the post office will give your parents at the time when they pay for the delivery fee.

If you give the EMS slips to someone so that they can accept their EMS package on your parents behalf, I would FIRST write down the EMS number so you can track it yourselves.

Just a thought:

Even if you don't stay at the Yang's, I sure they would still be willing to accept their EMS package and mail it to them in a second EMS package. They Yangs charge 300 RMB for this service (For Jingjing only). I'm not sure if the price would be more for both parents. You can always call them and ask if that would be possible - if, you feel that would be a direction you'd like to go.

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...4102&st=165

Hello Kyle,

I really appreciate your prompt response!

You mentioned about the EMS Slips:

What's the purpose of the EMS Slips? I guess we can track it with the tracking number on the EMS Slips. My relative have to have the EMS Slips so that he can accept the package, am I right?

After he accept the package, he need to mail the unopened package to my parents with another EMS Parcel, is it correct?

Thank you again!

Hailong

correct - They EMS delivery guy will not drop off the package unless he (your relative) has the EMS slips given to your parents after their interview. Yes, you guys will be able to track it. Yes, he (your relative) can put the unopened EMS package into another EMS envelope and mail it to you.

Edited by Kyle (see edit history)

correct - They EMS delivery guy will not drop off the package unless he (your relative) has the EMS slips given to your parents after their interview. Yes, you guys will be able to track it. Yes, he (your relative) can put the unopened EMS package into another EMS envelope and mail it to you.

Hello Kyle,

I understand with your explanation. Thank you so much for your help!

Best wishes!

Hailong

FYI:

Lately, the EMS website, at least for me, hasn't be reliable. My wife has been able to check the status online, but when I try on my computer, I keep getting a generic error message. I think they've been having issues with their site over the past few weeks. Hopefully, when it's time for your interview they will have sorted out all of their issues.

Jingjing and I had no problems with the EMS site during the P3 and P4 tracking. This leads me to believe that the technical issue is current.

Jingjing did call EMS by phone and they verified the website issue.

• 4 weeks later...

FYI:

Lately, the EMS website, at least for me, hasn't be reliable. My wife has been able to check the status online, but when I try on my computer, I keep getting a generic error message. I think they've been having issues with their site over the past few weeks. Hopefully, when it's time for your interview they will have sorted out all of their issues.

Jingjing and I had no problems with the EMS site during the P3 and P4 tracking. This leads me to believe that the technical issue is current.

Jingjing did call EMS by phone and they verified the website issue.

Hello Kyle,

Merry Christmas to you and your wife!

For the packet delivery, we did exactly the same as what you did.

My parents passed their interview on Monday, then on Tuesday they returned hometown in Shandong. On Friday, they received the packet from Mr. Yang. I think this was the biggest Christmas present for them ever.

Mr. Yang is really an honest and nice man!

Thank you very much for all your help!

Have a wonderful holiday season!

Hailong

Glad everything went well and that everything was received in a prompt manner. Marry Christmas to you and your family.