Breaking the law

It is amazing to me how some of these guys can get buy the authorities and get passports to travel from country to country as many safeguards that are in place in order to get a passport and use it. It just goes to prove to me that the the laws and safeguards that are in place are for law abiding citizens and the criminals will do as they please as usual. I guess that these laws and safeguards are just like locks. A lock keeps honest people honest it will not deter a thief.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/11/28/world/as...=1&ref=asia

I don't know but he may fair better in a Chinese prison that he will here in an American prison if these prisons in China are the typical prison. My wife says that these prisons are not your average everyday prison in China so I wonder who goes to these prisons. :ph34r: She has told me that if you are in some prisons in China your family has to bring you food every day if they don't you don't eat. I don't know and hope that I never do.

The article is saying that these prisons are better than schools are. What is your opinion?

http://www.chinasmack.com/pictures/chinese...urious-schools/

Larry

Edited by amberjack1234 (see edit history)

Let the Chinese deal with him.

Don that would be my preference but I suspect that the Chinese was thinking that it might cause trouble between the US and China if they capped him. I guess that they thought that he was probably headed for prison here just as soon as he touched down. Then again it may be several years before he sees the inside of a prison here especially if mom and dad has money and with a good lawyer he may never see the inside of an American prison.

Larry

When you can break into a White House state dinner getting a fake passport is a piece of cake. B)

B) So true...

Of course in this case he got fake Canadian not USA documentation.

"His parents said the police discovered that he was carrying small amounts of opium and marijuana and he provided fake Canadian identification.'

Maybe he will be able to keep his healthcare benefits at least. :lol:

It is amazing to me how some of these guys can get buy the authorities and get passports to travel from country to country as many safeguards that are in place in order to get a passport and use it. It just goes to prove to me that the the laws and safeguards that are in place are for law abiding citizens and the criminals will do as they please as usual. I guess that these laws and safeguards are just like locks. A lock keeps honest people honest it will not deter a thief.

I don't know but he may fair better in a Chinese prison that he will here in an American prison if these prisons in China are the typical prison. My wife says that these prisons are not your average everyday prison in China so I wonder who goes to these prisons. :lol: She has told me that if you are in some prisons in China your family has to bring you food every day if they don't you don't eat. I don't know and hope that I never do.

The article is saying that these prisons are better than schools are. What is your opinion?

Larry

The individual did not produce a fake passport, but merely a fake Canadian ID card.

At one point families of inmates were responsible to provide for their incarcerated relatives, but this is now no longer the case. The central government recently made it clear that the prisons and jails must provide out of their own funding for all inmate expenses. Forced labor is also prohibited.

Actually, this guy is but the tip of the iceberg. Since China and the US have no extradition treaty, it should come as no surprise that some people and up fleeing to China. Heck, even Chinese people take advantage of the lack of an extradition treaty and steal a few million $ before running off to the States.

I don't know but he may fair better in a Chinese prison that he will here in an American prison if these prisons in China are the typical prison. My wife says that these prisons are not your average everyday prison in China so I wonder who goes to these prisons. :unsure: She has told me that if you are in some prisons in China your family has to bring you food every day if they don't you don't eat. I don't know and hope that I never do.

Larry

The individual did not produce a fake passport, but merely a fake Canadian ID card.

At one point families of inmates were responsible to provide for their incarcerated relatives, but this is now no longer the case. The central government recently made it clear that the prisons and jails must provide out of their own funding for all inmate expenses. Forced labor is also prohibited.

Thank you Bill that was very interesting and informative.

Larry

Actually, this guy is but the tip of the iceberg. Since China and the US have no extradition treaty, it should come as no surprise that some people and up fleeing to China. Heck, even Chinese people take advantage of the lack of an extradition treaty and steal a few million $ before running off to the States.

Bill I saw another case that involved an American that was being sought for Child abuse by America and they found him in China. The Chinese gov. would not deport him to the authorities in America but rather let him stay. His passport was due to expire in about a year and a half so the plan was for the embassy to not renew it then he would not be able to renew his visa to stay in China but the Chinese would not actively seek to follow or detain him as long as he did not break any Chinese laws. Never heard anything more about him.

I have also heard other stories in another forum that deals with English teacher in China. I have heard there that there are some Americans that teach school in China that have been caught at their school having sex with underage children. The only action ever taken was to fire the teacher and smooth over things with the police and parents rather than cause a stink by having them arrested. Some of the teachers there say that all they do is to move on to another school some of them have been seen later at another school. This must be a haven for these kind of scumbags.

I am sure that there are Americans living in China with an expired passport that are there to evade prison time here in the US.

Larry

Bill I saw another case that involved an American that was being sought for Child abuse by America and they found him in China. The Chinese gov. would not deport him to the authorities in America but rather let him stay. His passport was due to expire in about a year and a half so the plan was for the embassy to not renew it then he would not be able to renew his visa to stay in China but the Chinese would not actively seek to follow or detain him as long as he did not break any Chinese laws. Never heard anything more about him.

I have also heard other stories in another forum that deals with English teacher in China. I have heard there that there are some Americans that teach school in China that have been caught at their school having sex with underage children. The only action ever taken was to fire the teacher and smooth over things with the police and parents rather than cause a stink by having them arrested. Some of the teachers there say that all they do is to move on to another school some of them have been seen later at another school. This must be a haven for these kind of scumbags.

I am sure that there are Americans living in China with an expired passport that are there to evade prison time here in the US.

Larry

That's but the tip of the iceberg. There have been kidnappers, rapists and child molesters hiding out in China and taking full advantage of the fact that there is no extradition treaty between China and the US. Without a treaty, CHinese authorities will do nothing just as US authorities do nothing when Chinese criminals abscond themselves in the USA -- which frequently happens.

I ran into a guy a few years ago who was refused renewal of his US passport because he owed over $500k in back child support. He is still here. Until the US pulls their head out of their ass and stops unilaterally deciding which Chinese laws they like and which they do not, there will be no extradition treaty and China will continue to be a haven for US felons just as the US will remain a haven for Chinese felons.