Necessary Documents- where do I go to get them

Guest bymyside

Guest bymyside

Hello all,

It has been a while since I posted. But it is nice to see that we all been getting a lot of help and support here on Candles for LOve. My fiancee just sent her pictures for the I-129 application and still waiting to get it going. It seems with her work and things work the way they are in China- and the fact we are a world apart- paper works becomes a headache.

There are certain document that I know are necessary but do not know what government body to contact to get them. Please someone give me tips and details on this.

1) the proof that I am single - I have never married before. Who and where do I go to obtain this "single status paper" and in addition, will it have to be notarized and translated to chinese if so where in California. My fiancee mentioned that the Chinese government will give her the run-around especially for something like her passport- the fact is that it is not easy to obtain without valid reasons and supporting evidence for that purpose.

2)As per the I-129F. regarding the "letter of intent" from both I and my fiancee, will a single letter of how we met from me suffice or is it necessary that both of us have a signed origininal- with hers letter being written in Chinese and translated to English. Is notorization necesary? How do you go about doing this?

3)the "police record" for my fiancee, does it have to be translated and notarized in China for the interview.

4)My fiancee's birth certificate- translated and notarized, is this correct? A little side note. Her birthdate on the Chinese government computer is wrong will she have to live with this when she arrive in the USA or can it be remedied here in the state???

5) I read somewhere that she also need a notarized and translated document stating who her parents are. I this necessary?

You don't need a single certificate for the I-129-F. You only need that if youre getting married in China. You do need copies of any divorce decrees either of you have. Hers will need to be translated and notarized. I'm not sure if you need her birth certificate or not. I included it in mine. You will need it eventually anyway. Do not send in the notarized originals. Keep them unitl your petition is approved then send them back to her. She will need them later. Each of you need to write and sign a letter of intent. Just help her write hers in english and have her sign it. Use a fillable form for the I-129 F and 325-A or type. Neatness counts. Photocopy your passport stamps for entry and exit as well as your visa for proof you have met. Photocopy your boarding passes and hotel receipts and any other ticket stubs from your trip as proof you have been there. Include photos of you two together and anything else you can think of as proof of relationship. Letters, phone bills, emails etc. Anything that you can't fit on the forms make an adendum that is clear concise and easy to read. Put it all together in a two ring binder with the metal clips that fasten at the top of the page. Write a cover letter and index for where everything is. Use dividers with tabs. I am probably leaving something out but someone else will catch it they always do lol.

Carl

Carl's response was accurate and detailed. Only one thing to add, however. ALL documents written in Chinese MUST be submitted with an official, noterized translation. No U.S agency will accept ANYTHING written in any foreign language without the official, certified translation. This rule holds true throughout your entire visa process. ANY AND ALL DOCUMENTS such as property deeds, medical reports, police records, family registers, etc., etc., which your lady might be asked to bring to her interview MUST HAVE AN OFFICIAL TRANSLATION ATTACHED.

2)As per the I-129F. regarding the "letter of intent" from both I and my fiancee, will a single letter of how we met from me suffice or is it necessary that both of us have a signed origininal- with hers letter being written in Chinese and translated to English. Is notorization necesary? How do you go about doing this?

I interpreted that the letters should be from each individual. Thus, I asked my Fiancee to write one (she wrote it in English. I proof read it for major gramatical errors without commenting much on the content). Actually I had e-mailed her my letter, and I must admit that there are some similarities between the two. :)

However, I have heard that several members of the "Candle" have sent in a single combined letter with both people signing it. As I understand it, those people's applications are still progressing forward in the system without hitches. :blink:

----- Clifford -----

when P4 comes it contains the medical forms, right? are these in english? the specified doctors that the chinese must go to for their medical exam, are these english speaking/american doctors?

what i am getting at is are if these documents are in chinese, they will have to be translated, right?

or do they bypass that by sending you to english speaking doctors with an form in english to be filled out?

does anyone know?

Carl's response was accurate and detailed.  Only one thing to add, however. ALL documents written in Chinese MUST be submitted with an official, noterized translation.  No U.S agency will accept ANYTHING written in any foreign language without the official, certified translation.  This rule holds true throughout your entire visa process.  ANY AND ALL DOCUMENTS such as property deeds, medical reports, police records, family registers, etc., etc., which your lady might be asked to bring to her interview MUST HAVE AN OFFICIAL TRANSLATION ATTACHED.

Yes everything in Chinese needs to be translated and notarized but do not include originals of any of these documents with the original petition. Photocopy them and write a statement saying they are authentic copies of the originals and sign it. That way if your paper work gets lost you don't have to get them tranlated again. Hang on to the originals until you are approved in case you get an RFE. Then send them to your fiance'e. She/he will need them at interview.

Carl

Carl's response was accurate and detailed.  Only one thing to add, however. ALL documents written in Chinese MUST be submitted with an official, noterized translation.  No U.S agency will accept ANYTHING written in any foreign language without the official, certified translation.  This rule holds true throughout your entire visa process.  ANY AND ALL DOCUMENTS such as property deeds, medical reports, police records, family registers, etc., etc., which your lady might be asked to bring to her interview MUST HAVE AN OFFICIAL TRANSLATION ATTACHED.

Yes everything in Chinese needs to be translated and notarized but do not include originals of any of these documents with the original petition. Photocopy them and write a statement saying they are authentic copies of the originals and sign it. That way if your paper work gets lost you don't have to get them tranlated again. Hang on to the originals until you are approved in case you get an RFE. Then send them to your fiance'e. She/he will need them at interview.

Carl

A word of caution on Copies-- Copies give the BCIS the oportunity to say "we want to see the originals anyway" and of course this adds more time to the process when you have to produce them. When you get the originals made get two or three originals sets made SEND IN one set of originals the few extra bucks is worth not having a rejection for the" we want originals" also I would make copies color if you have a scanner and printer of the boarding passes etc. etc. And send the original of those keeping the copies as back up DON'T LET THEM TIE YOU UP MORE BY ASKING FOR ORIGINALS be pro active on this..You will Certify you passport not notorize it the statement this is a true copy of Passport number XXXXXX belonging toXXXXXXXXXXXXX notory stamp and seal signature etc etc..

Originals are not required for I-129 F or G325A. I submited copies and my petition was approved. If you have multiple originals then go for it but I don't trust them to not lose the file. I want the originals on hand in case I have to re-file

I stumbled across this link on expats today. Since we seem to have an influx of new K-1 filers lately I thought I would post it here. I found the information excellent and well thought out. The only thing I would do differently than the author is either use a fillable PDF form or type the forms. Don Check it out ond if you concur you might want to add it to the links section.

http://k1fun.envy.nu/i129f.html#birth