Police Certificate

Hi all,

I have enjoyed reading all of the useful information and this sight has helped me out very much so far in the visa process journey.

I finally have encountered a problem that I hope someone can give me some recommendations on.

Sansan, my fiancee finally received her P-3 packet. We are very excited, we feel we are getting close. Unfortunately she also lived in Singapore for one year. So we filed out all the paperwork for the Singapore police certificate and had her friend deliver to the Singapore authority.

The response that her friend is getting from the Singapore authority is that we need to have a letter from the U.S. consulate with Sansan¡¯s name on it and the paper should be on the consulate letterhead. They won't take the letter that was sent in the P-3 paperwork.

Our attorney has emailed the consulate and is trying to contact the authorities in Singapore. I however don't think he is going to have much luck. From what I am hearing I finally think there is a government out there with more red tape than ours.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Mark

Applicants residing in Singapore should apply in person for a "Certificate of No Criminal Conviction" (CNCC) at Criminal Record Office (CID), Block D #02-01A, 391 New Bridge Road, Police Cantonment Complex, Singapore 088762, phone number 65-6435-8277, between 9:00 a.m. to 12 noon, Monday through Friday only. Applicants who are overseas may apply by correspondence to the above address. Alternatively, application can also be made online at http://www.spf.gov.sg/epc/cert_issued.htm.

The following documents should accompany the applications:

1. For Singaporeans: NRIC/current international passport;

2. For non-Singaporeans: Documentary proof of residence in Singapore must be shown - i.e. old/current passports or any relevant documents;

1. Exit permit, if applicable;

2. Two recent passport size photographs (3.5cm x 3 cm.); and

3. Application fee. Please check the website for current fee.

Processing time for the certificate is two to three weeks.

Former residents should write directly to the address given above for the necessary forms and instructions. Alternatively, they could have a set of rolled fingerprints taken by their local police authorities and submit this with photocopies of the documents listed above together with photographs, fee and postage charge. Singapore authorities also require that all immigrant applicants show proof of their intentions. The packet 3 cover letter bearing their name will suffice.

Singapore Reciprocity Table

Applicants residing in Singapore should apply in person for a "Certificate of No Criminal Conviction" (CNCC) at Criminal Record Office (CID), Block D #02-01A, 391 New Bridge Road, Police Cantonment Complex, Singapore 088762, phone number 65-6435-8277, between 9:00 a.m. to 12 noon, Monday through Friday only. Applicants who are overseas may apply by correspondence to the above address. Alternatively, application can also be made online at http://www.spf.gov.sg/epc/cert_issued.htm.

The following documents should accompany the applications:

1. For Singaporeans: NRIC/current international passport;

2. For non-Singaporeans: Documentary proof of residence in Singapore must be shown - i.e. old/current passports or any relevant documents;

1. Exit permit, if applicable;

2. Two recent passport size photographs (3.5cm x 3 cm.); and

3. Application fee. Please check the website for current fee.

Processing time for the certificate is two to three weeks.

Former residents should write directly to the address given above for the necessary forms and instructions. Alternatively, they could have a set of rolled fingerprints taken by their local police authorities and submit this with photocopies of the documents listed above together with photographs, fee and postage charge. Singapore authorities also require that all immigrant applicants show proof of their intentions. The packet 3 cover letter bearing their name will suffice.

Singapore Reciprocity Table

My information is rather old and my memory could be a little foggy on it but my wife lived in Singapore for two years from 1996 until 1998 before I met her and when we filed for her CR1 visa in 1999 we had to get the police certificate from the police in Singapore. My wife sent the P3 form to a friend of hers in Singapore and she took it down to the police authority and didn't have any trouble with it. It did however take a full 6 weeks before we received it back all filled out properly. Since this was 10 years ago though, the rules or procedures may have changed during that time.

Gale

Hi all,

I have enjoyed reading all of the useful information and this sight has helped me out very much so far in the visa process journey.

I finally have encountered a problem that I hope someone can give me some recommendations on.

Sansan, my fiancee finally received her P-3 packet. We are very excited, we feel we are getting close. Unfortunately she also lived in Singapore for one year. So we filed out all the paperwork for the Singapore police certificate and had her friend deliver to the Singapore authority.

The response that her friend is getting from the Singapore authority is that we need to have a letter from the U.S. consulate with Sansan¡¯s name on it and the paper should be on the consulate letterhead. They won't take the letter that was sent in the P-3 paperwork.

Our attorney has emailed the consulate and is trying to contact the authorities in Singapore. I however don't think he is going to have much luck. From what I am hearing I finally think there is a government out there with more red tape than ours.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Mark