I stumbled across this website today, and thought it was very interesting if you're wondering about POE wait times...

http://apps.cbp.gov/awt/

Looks like going through Seattle as a POE would be fairly quick! B)

My wife came through SEATAC 5 1/2 years ago as her first POE. It took about 1 1/2 hours from the time her plane landed until she came up the escalator to the waiting area.

I stumbled across this website today, and thought it was very interesting if you're wondering about POE wait times...

http://apps.cbp.gov/awt/

Looks like going through Seattle as a POE would be fairly quick! B)

My wife came through SEATAC 5 1/2 years ago as her first POE. It took about 1 1/2 hours from the time her plane landed until she came up the escalator to the waiting area.

Whoa :P

If anyone wants to use HNL as a POE, it takes only about 8 minutes. My hubby and I came back from China together, and even though I shoud have gone to the US Citizen line and he to the immigration line, they let us both go through the same line and it took less than 10 minutes to clear that. After we picked up our bags, it took about 3 minutes for customs. It was about a total of 15 minutes from when we got off the shuttle that took us from the terminal to the immigration area. Hehe. Fly into HNL and it will be fast and you can have an early honeymoon! B)

Forget the published wait times when you are trying to select POE. These may not help to know how much time it will take. There are other factors that will effect the time it takes to get through POE. Portland is one of the fastest when traveling home through Japan as this is the only plane processed at 7:50 in the morning.

I brought my wife home in March of 2005. We slipped right through processing. She was K1 so she required extra processing at POE. They had relatively very little questions because I was with her. They also tagged us for an extra spot baggage check. We had started at the back of the line. Still with all this extra processing, we were in the car headed home within a 1/2 hour.

Now fast forward to my wife's parents. Same POE, and I saw relatively the same wait times for most of the passengers coming through this POE. The bulk of the passengers around 95% were disembarked, processed at passport control, picked up their baggage, sent through customs and had come out the gate all within 20 minutes. We waited for 1 1/2 hours before my wife's parents came through the same gate. There was still a Korean gentleman still waiting for his immigrating parents when we left. So long wait times for immigrants that are traveling by themselves are common. I would allow 1 1/2 to 2 hours if the immigrant is traveling by themselves.

Edited by C4Racer (see edit history)