Just some news

Of course I could not help but see this in this news article and had to post it. I don't expect a debate on it just wanted to bring attention to it for some folks benefit.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/asiapcf/11/1...hina/index.html

Obama's half-brother Mark Obama Ndesandjo lives in Shenzhen, in southern China. Ndesandjo, an engineer by trade, moved from the United States after losing his job seven years ago.

Ndesandjo took the last name of the man his mother remarried and has dodged the media since Obama was elected president. He spoke to reporters about his semi-autobiographical book, "Nairobi to Shenzhen," earlier this month.

He said their father was abusive and beat him and his mother. Ndesandjo owns a small chain of restaurants in Shenzhen and teaches piano to orphans.

Larry

Glad to see Obama's brother is a potential CFLer . :rolleyes:

I am sure no matter which country Obama's brother is living in now, the country government will take care of this brother.

Would like to see more leaders, or their relatives, or influential people married to Chinese. that helps China build friendly relationship with other countries.

Glad to see Obama's brother is a potential CFLer . :lol:

I am sure no matter which country Obama's brother is living in now, the country government will take care of this brother.

Would like to see more leaders, or their relatives, or influential people married to Chinese. that helps China build friendly relationship with other countries.

I dont think he will need CFL , their visa will be "instant" no GUZ or USICS involvement at all.

why is "teaches piano to orphans" bold and underlined?

I just wanted to point out that there are good people that do good things for the orphans in China besides my mother in law and myself. Perhaps this will bring attention to their plight somewhat and in some way it will improve their lives in some small way. I know what little I do is very very meager but what mother in law does in much more needed but she is only one old lady. More is needed.

Larry

I dont think he will need CFL , their visa will be "instant" no GUZ or USICS involvement at all.

I agree. What I said he was a potential CFLer, means he might come to CFL to play as a member who married to Chinese, not to seek visa information here. Like myself, I didn't come to CFL for visa information. My visa process was plenty smooth, and I got my visa years ago before I joined CFL.

I agree. What I said he was a potential CFLer, means he might come to CFL to play as a member who married to Chinese, not to seek visa information here. Like myself, I didn't come to CFL for visa information. My visa process was plenty smooth, and I got my visa years ago before I joined CFL.

How much you wanna bet? :huh:

I just wanted to point out that there are good people that do good things for the orphans in China besides my mother in law and myself. Perhaps this will bring attention to their plight somewhat and in some way it will improve their lives in some small way. I know what little I do is very very meager but what mother in law does in much more needed but she is only one old lady. More is needed.

Larry

When it comes to life I look at the "glass as being half full" but when it comes to most people I see it "half empty"...

Hopefully the extra money he makes by waiting until his brother's visit to break his silence (and announce his new book) will all go the ophans ... but I somehow doubt it.

Larry

When it comes to life I look at the "glass as being half full" but when it comes to most people I see it "half empty"...

Hopefully the extra money he makes by waiting until his brother's visit to break his silence (and announce his new book) will all go the ophans ... but I somehow doubt it.

I would be reasonably sure that if he makes any money on the book he will keep the lions share but he may just put some of it into the orphanages it would not be the first time that a celebrity did such a thing. I have know of some that at least said that all proceeds from a book would go to charity. Anyway there was no mention of what he is going to do with any money that he makes on the book and it is his business whether he gives any, all or none of it to them. Charity comes from the individual as they see fit. At least he is giving something. How much I don't know except for what was in the article so he must have some compassion for them. My basic point was that people do thing for them for what ever reason they at least do something.

Larry

How much you wanna bet? :D

Do we have some CFLers married to women from Henan Province? Ask these women to invite Obama's sister-in-law to come to CFL. She is from Henan. :D

heh, my wife is from Henan. I'll tell Ndesandjo to join if I see him there ;)

Here's a long interview with Ndesandjo about his novel:

Interestingly, it says before the interview and in some other news articles that Ndesandjo is fluent in Mandarin, but his short demonstration at the end of the interview isn't very impressive... Also, what was with all the passing on questions? (I mean, Beethoven vs. Mozart? sheesh...)