Hi, my fiancee just sent out the P3 package and now waiting for P4. I believe she needs to pay some fee to the Citic Bank in China and get a receipt to bring with her to the interview. Can she do that anytime? Also, when P4 arrives, I assume she will need to go do her medical checkups. Should she do her checkup before the interview? She is saying she has to travel far to do her medical and wants to know if she can just do it all on one day. Finally, she has to pay a fee around $445 US on the day of the interview am I correct? Also bring the receipt for the bank payment.

Thanks,

Vinny

Hi, my fiancee just sent out the P3 package and now waiting for P4. I believe she needs to pay some fee to the Citic Bank in China and get a receipt to bring with her to the interview. Can she do that anytime? Also, when P4 arrives, I assume she will need to go do her medical checkups. Should she do her checkup before the interview? She is saying she has to travel far to do her medical and wants to know if she can just do it all on one day. Finally, she has to pay a fee around $445 US on the day of the interview am I correct? Also bring the receipt for the bank payment.

Thanks,

Vinny

I am assuming this for a K1.

The fee of $131 can be paid any time and bring the receipt to the interview.

The medical has to be done after P4 and before interview. You will need this for the interview. This shoud cost under 1000 RMB.

The only money you need on interview day is (i think) about 40 RMB for visa delivery.

Good Luck

Yes this is for K1. My fiancee just informed me that she received her P4 and Interview is scheduled for Dec 8th. For medical checkup, can she just walk in or does she have to make an appointment? Also on the day of medical checkup does anyone know if she must FAST (not eat) before the checkup? Sorry she getting nervous and so am I : )

I do beleive you can walk in but it is safe if you call them.

I dont remember my fiancee fasting.

After the medical you have to go again in a couple of days to pick up the results which will be sealed. Do not open them. They have to be handed in on the day of the interview.

They do have an expedited sevice. not sure if it means you can pick up on the same day.

You can walk in. No fast required. In our case, they want my wife to eat because she is receiving vaccines. You can also pay an expedited fee, to have everything processed in one day, assuming you go in the morning. The hospital we're going to (Guangdong Int. Travel), the extra fee for one-day processing is 100 RMB. Check around and call them, once you decide which hospital you want to go to. I believe there is a new facility that just opened up near the consulate, that can do one day processing without a fee (very good if you don't want to get vaccines before the interview - k visas). Check the December Interview thread for more information.

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=39258

and

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=39368

Edit: fixed the second link

Edited by Kyle (see edit history)