Ok now who do I start callign to check on things?

Now that the k-1 is on it's way to GUZ and I have my GUZ# who can I call to see when they recieve it.

Oh BTW I still have not got my so called Notice E-mail from the NVC.

The woman att he NVC told me the E-mail is sent out the instant it is approved to leave the NVC..... Guess it is broken.

Hi Robert,

Mine left for Guangzhou on September 30, 2009.

Here is a number that you can call between 8:30am - 5:30pm Eastern time.

202-663-1225

When recording starts hit 1. Then when the next recording starts hit 0.

Saves time.

Hope this helps. <_<

Leaving NVC and arriving at GUZ is not an overnight thing. First, just because you have a GUZ number does not mean that your package has gone anywhere. It is sitting in a box that is waiting to be filled with other packages. When the box is full, it will get shipped. Then it will sit in HK awaiting "customs" clearance. Then it will travel to GUZ and sit there until some needs the first package in the box. Then the box will get opened.

Have you forgotten that you are dealing with the government?

Instead of wasting your time on the phone for at least a few weeks....how's that paperwork coming along? Did you discover the reason for the Cheetos yet? Have you checked, double checked, triple checked the paperwork? Do you have your picture albums all put together with the "27 8-by-10 color glossy pictures with the circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one explaining what each one was to be used as evidence..." ( See Alice's Restaurant)

Breathe, Robert....breathe...

Leaving NVC and arriving at GUZ is not an overnight thing. First, just because you have a GUZ number does not mean that your package has gone anywhere. It is sitting in a box that is waiting to be filled with other packages. When the box is full, it will get shipped. Then it will sit in HK awaiting "customs" clearance. Then it will travel to GUZ and sit there until some needs the first package in the box. Then the box will get opened.

Have you forgotten that you are dealing with the government?

Instead of wasting your time on the phone for at least a few weeks....how's that paperwork coming along? Did you discover the reason for the Cheetos yet? Have you checked, double checked, triple checked the paperwork? Do you have your picture albums all put together with the "27 8-by-10 color glossy pictures with the circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one explaining what each one was to be used as evidence..." ( See Alice's Restaurant)

Breathe, Robert....breathe...

Robert,

I could not agree more with this.

These things take time, just be patient.

I never called anybody for status, not even NVC and the whole process for me took exactly 8 months.

You are making me look bad :angry:

You are moving much faster then this. Lucky you. :D

Enjoy your last few days as a bachleor

Yep I estimated approximate time the consulate would "Receive" the case using time-lines, and did not bother calling DOS or emailing the consulate for status until about 3 months after case left NVC.