Green Card -Naturalization and Passport Application

MRMC

I applied for a Certificate of Naturalization last week for my step daughter based on my wife's naturalization. Today we applied for my stepdaughter's passport. They took her original Chinese birth certificate, custody document, and original green card. What happens when she is called for the Certificate of Naturalization interview as according to the passport clerk, as long as the passport is issued, the green card is not returned. What happens when they ask for my step daughter's green card at the N-600 interview. As long as the passport is approved, she will not have this permanent resident card.

If she is a CITIZEN of the USA she no longer needs a green-card, the GC is for NON-Citizen permanent residents.

They do not interview children who's citizenship is based on their parent's naturalization, citizenship is automatic.

Filing N-600 is to get a certificate proving citizenship.

If she is a CITIZEN of the USA she no longer needs a green-card, the GC is for NON-Citizen permanent residents.

They do not interview children who's citizenship is based on their parent's naturalization, citizenship is automatic.

Filing N-600 is to get a certificate proving citizenship.

Thanks for the response.