problems getting tax transcripts

Just curious if anyone requested tax transcripts from the irs via the phone service over the last 2 weeks? Did you receive them yet?

I requested my 2008 scripts 2 weeks ago and they are still MIA. I requested pre-2008 scripts earlier this year and got them within a week.

As these scripts contain highly sensitive personal info, I am worried that they might mis delivered or lost in the mail.

Anyone know if there is a way to track if they sent them out or not yet?

I ordered transcripts this summer, and had the faxed to me, had them the same day.

Simple free transcripts tend to take only a week to get in the mail.

Just curious if anyone requested tax transcripts from the irs via the phone service over the last 2 weeks? Did you receive them yet?

I requested my 2008 scripts 2 weeks ago and they are still MIA. I requested pre-2008 scripts earlier this year and got them within a week.

As these scripts contain highly sensitive personal info, I am worried that they might mis delivered or lost in the mail.

If I remember correctly, it took about 2 weeks when I ordered mine about 3 months ago. I ordered 3 years worth but do not think that was the reason for delay. If you do not get them next week just re-order

If I remember correctly, it took about 2 weeks when I ordered mine about 3 months ago. I ordered 3 years worth but do not think that was the reason for delay. If you do not get them next week just re-order

Still waiting on the transcripts.

When I ordered on the phone, the recorded message mentioned that they should arrive 10-15 days. Does anyone know if they are referring to "business" days? Because it's way past 10-15 calendar days.

I'm assuming that since they do not charge for the transcripts that they are being mailed by regular USPS mail. I would assume two weeks is a general guideline for delivery, meaning business days for the USPS. Don't sweat it; it should arrive shortly.

Edited by Kyle (see edit history)

I'm assuming that since they do not charge for the transcripts that they are being mailed by regular USPS mail. I would assume two weeks is a general guideline for delivery, meaning business days for the USPS. Don't sweat it; it should arrive shortly.

Nope, they are free. I ordered some earlier this year and they showed up in less than a week. It's just a tad nerve whacking not knowing if this latest one got lost. I'll wait a couple more days.

Nope, they are free. I ordered some earlier this year and they showed up in less than a week. It's just a tad nerve whacking not knowing if this latest one got lost. I'll wait a couple more days.

Sorry for sounding like a broken record. But my scripts are still MIA. Anyone else in the same boat? More specifically, did anyone order some recently and have experienced a delayed delivery?

Sorry for sounding like a broken record. But my scripts are still MIA. Anyone else in the same boat? More specifically, did anyone order some recently and have experienced a delayed delivery?

Just call them up and have them faxed to you, as DNoblett suggested, if you have a place for them to fax it. You can call the same number. I called late afternoon. The faxes started arriving promptly at 6:00 the next morning. If you have a modem, you can probably set your computer up to receive a fax while you are not there.

I ordered mine 11/9 and they sent out them on 11/12 and I recieved them on 11/14 in the mail. I called them on the phone to request them. This was called a "record of account". A few months ago I ordered tax transcripts for earlier years and it did take almost 2 weeks to receive them. They came as "tax transcripts" in the heading.

Still waiting on the transcripts.

When I ordered on the phone, the recorded message mentioned that they should arrive 10-15 days. Does anyone know if they are referring to "business" days? Because it's way past 10-15 calendar days.

If you have access to a fax-machine you can get them within minutes of calling them, dont bother with 4506T pick up phone and dial 800-829-1040 and talk to an operator, I did this this past summer.

http://www.irs.gov/newsroom/article/0,,id=105370,00.html