Green card approved but not issued

Hello Everyone!

Its been forever since I have posted on Candle. My wife got her citizenship and both her parents have come to America and both were approved for their green cards. Nicola's dad got his green card weeks later but her mom has been waiting forever! When we contacted them we got a letter saying they were printing her mom's green card and it could take up to six months! It also reaffirmed that her green card was approved. Anyone have experience with this?

I hope everyone going through the difficult time of waiting for their wives to get a visa realize that in the end the wait is all worth it! Hope everyone is doing well!

Does she have an I-551 stamp in her passport?

• If so, her passport will serve as a green-card for up to a year.
  • If not, then schedule and info-pass appointment and get an I-551 stamp in passport.

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)

It does not take 6 months to print a green card, nor is there any reason why they would not print one that has been approved.

But that is what the letter they received said ... so what should they do?

This is normal USCIS speak, it means dont bother us until the card is WAY OVER DUE.

Info-pass and get an I-551 stamp in passport, also have them track it, sometimes the card gets lost in the mail, they then accuse you of loosing the card, and make you file an I-90 for a replacement card FEE $370.

It does not take 6 months to print a green card, nor is there any reason why they would not print one that has been approved.

But that is what the letter they received said ... so what should they do?

This is normal USCIS speak, it means dont bother us until the card is WAY OVER DUE.

Info-pass and get an I-551 stamp in passport, also have them track it, sometimes the card gets lost in the mail, they then accuse you of loosing the card, and make you file an I-90 for a replacement card FEE $370.

Its funny because we had our lawyer ask about us during her info pass appointment and they told her it will take six months to print! I didn't believe the attorney until we got a letter confirming she asked about our case and we should wait six months for them to print the green card (Even though her husband already has his green card) its already been four or five months since that damn letter and still nothing. She's not yet traveling out of the country so she wouldn't need the stamp but it would be nice to get her green card on a normal basis!

• 5 weeks later...

We are way over due for a work permit and green card.

We filed a WTF and hurry your butt up form to expedite the work permit and got a notice about 10 days later telling us with in 30 days she would get the work permit. it will be 30 days in 4 more days and the USCIS online still says it's in initial review.

Her Green card is over due too, so Ting called them and was told the green card is infact in the mail right now, but the website says "Initial Review".

Someone at USCIS needs a boot in the keester IMHO :bangin:

We are way over due for a work permit and green card.

We filed a WTF and hurry your butt up form to expedite the work permit and got a notice about 10 days later telling us with in 30 days she would get the work permit. it will be 30 days in 4 more days and the USCIS online still says it's in initial review.

Her Green card is over due too, so Ting called them and was told the green card is infact in the mail right now, but the website says "Initial Review".

Someone at USCIS needs a boot in the keester IMHO <_<

Note, if you have been approved for green-card, they WILL NOT issue a work permit (EAD). Green-card is also EAD. Again if they are over due issuing the Info pass and demand an I-551 stamp if you don have one. The stamp will act as green-card AND Work Permit, if you wish to take a job.

I understand that this is your mother in law's card but when my wife received her first green card it had that she was a "male" on it and up to that time she was way ahead of anyone that I had ever heard of in getting the first green card. It took them exactly one year at the Grapevine Texas office where it was processed to issue her another card that was correct. We went to an info pass and got the stamp in her passport in case she had to travel, illness in the family etc..

Larry

Edited by amberjack1234 (see edit history)

Well I called them again, they filed a 2nd EAD into the work permit thing. :headbang: And the Green Card app that was sent to the Cali Serv Center got sent it to The local Jacksonville, FL service center but the operator didn't know when that occurred and they are just now working on Junes applications so we have at least another 2 months before we are scheduled for an appointment.

I hate USCIS :welcome:

Ting was in tears

Also was told can't get a I-551 stamp unless you already got approved for a green card.

Edited by shadeOgray (see edit history)

Well I called them again, they filed a 2nd EAD into the work permit thing. :headbang: And the Green Card app that was sent to the Cali Serv Center got sent it to The local Jacksonville, FL service center but the operator didn't know when that occurred and they are just now working on Junes applications so we have at least another 2 months before we are scheduled for an appointment.

I hate USCIS :welcome:

Ting was in tears

Also was told can't get a I-551 stamp unless you already got approved for a green card.

Looks like adjudicator in California decided an interview is required, so forwarded the case to your field office in FL.

Yep I-551 = Green-card, they cannot give you a stamp unless AOS is approved.

In our case we did not bother filing for EAD, at the time our field office was handling cases 4 months old, and also at the time AOS, EAD, AP were separate fees, so saved $$ by filing for AOS only.

Wow, sorry to hear this ShadeOgray!!!

So, when my wife enters her POE on her IR-1 entry visa, she should request an I-551 stamp (Newark - EWR)?

Also, will my wife be required to finish her vaccinations? While in Guangzhou, she received three shots, however, I believe two of them are only the first in a series of three. If she's not required to finish the process in America, we may just get the other shots here in Wuhan where it is much cheaper. If it is required for us, then we will wait and shell out the bucks after we reach stateside.

Edited by Kyle (see edit history)

So, when my wife enters her POE on her IR-1 entry visa, she should request an I-551 stamp (Newark - EWR)?

Also, will my wife be required to finish her vaccinations? While in Guangzhou, she received three shots, however, I believe two of them are only the first in a series of three. If she's not required to finish the process in America, we may just get the other shots here in Wuhan where it is much cheaper. If it is required for us, then we will wait and shell out the bucks after we reach stateside.

No need to request the stamp. They will put it in there at the POE.

No need to request the stamp. They will put it in there at the POE.

Yep it is AUTOMATIC.

As for vaccinations it is up to you to complete them or get tested for immunity (Titer Test), it is not a requirement.