Interview!

Hi everyone,

Our interview was on October, which I asked to give us another interview date. She was due on October.

How long do we have to wait to get a second interview? My wife is planning to go visit her family in two months.

Where do I have to contact to see If they have schedule a new interview date?

Thanks!

You could try contacting DoS and asking them if a new interview has been set.

Hit 1 to bypass the first automated message, then 0 to speak to someone who can help you.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/about/how/how_1463.html

Edited by KJJ (see edit history)

This is an AOS interview... so DOS is out of the picture. The interview is with USCIS.

On the bottom of any form from them is the USCIS phone number. Or you can schedule an infopass appointment to discuss with someone.

The bigger issue is the plan to go visit her family. WHERE, IN CHINA?

She is in the US on a K1... if she leaves to visit China, she has NO entry authorization BACK TO THE US. That's what the 'adjustment of status' is all about; so she can adjust from a K# status to a conditional resident which allows her to travel on a green card.

You'll have to explain the travel part a bit more... but you really want that interview AND the green card before she leaves the US.

Edited by DavidZixuan (see edit history)

I think it's too late if he missed the original interview date. It says right on the letter that missing the first interview date could result in significant delays in processing, if I remember correctly.

Everyone else is also right about leaving for China. Even if she has AP granted her status isn't secure and going back to China without a green card can be problematic on getting out again or getting on the plane.