Border Security and Customs at JFK

Sam and Fen

When I came thru Customs last night a lot of people were being sent to get their baggage xrayed, also there were some bags being hand searched.

This time and also in August when I cam back from China I was asked what I do for a living and what I was doing in China.

In the last 20 years I must have used JFK as POE about 10/15 times and I have never seen Border Security and Customs so active not even after 9/11.

Just wondering if any one else has seen any changes in their POE.

When my wife and son 3yrs 9 mon. came into Newark last month the lady told my wife that our sons picture didn't match passport photo, of course not, the photo was taken when he was six months old. Then she started asking him questions, he is shy around strangers, how does he communicate with his father, she asked as his chinese is much better than his english, he is our son btw, she had to go and talk to someone else and then no problem, the lady thought my wife was smuggleing in someone elses child, what B.S. :angry:

When I came thru Customs last night a lot of people were being sent to get their baggage xrayed, also there were some bags being hand searched.

This time and also in August when I cam back from China I was asked what I do for a living and what I was doing in China.

In the last 20 years I must have used JFK as POE about 10/15 times and I have never seen Border Security and Customs so active not even after 9/11.

Just wondering if any one else has seen any changes in their POE.

My wife came in JFK last week and got a detailed grilling many many questions she was very upset, but as she thought when they say you can go then get get get going don't look back.

I recently fly from china to jfk too.

similar security experiences as what sam saw.

in addition, there was also a guy with a dog walking in circles around the luggage pickup belt sniffing everyone's luggage. Several people had to open their luggage to get inspected when the dog started barking. It must've came around at least 4-5 times to sniff my luggage while i was waiting at the belt, was a little bit nerv wrecking lol.

I recently fly from china to jfk too.

similar security experiences as what sam saw.

in addition, there was also a guy with a dog walking in circles around the luggage pickup belt sniffing everyone's luggage. Several people had to open their luggage to get inspected when the dog started barking. It must've came around at least 4-5 times to sniff my luggage while i was waiting at the belt, was a little bit nerv wrecking lol.

There was a dog sniffing luggage too. forgot about that.